Nightmare on the Western Channel x'ings Nov

Was checking up on the Brit Ferrys web site, not transport related,

Looking at their timetables, I found that there is only ONE

YES ONE

boat doing the P/Caen/P service in November :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferr 
 /timetable
go to November

Bearing in mind that all the other services to and from France are now shut down, this is going to be hell !!!

The Normandie is going in for its usual yearly MOT.
Speaking to some crew members, they said that the Armorique or the Cap Finistere would be replacing it. Seems not !
Seeing as the rest of the fleet is doing SFA
WTF are BF doing, not replacing it with another ship>

The company is crying out for financial assistance, maybe they should help themselves a bit !
Put one of the redundant ships in to replace the Normandie !

Quick update on my post above 

The Armorique IS replacing the Normandie in November and will be replacing the Mt St Michel in December
on a “FREIGHT ONLY” service. so tuff ■■■■■■■ to the tourists :laughing:

Found this info on the freight site of BF

brittanyferriesfreight.co.uk/19901
again go to November

My original observations were on the tourist site
So looks like they are trying to do their best

Sorry BF

1hr 50min from fish market to security check t’other evening. Add that to the time taken get out at Pompey and it’s beyond a joke.

Three new ships are being built in China , they are the Galicia, Soltaña and Salamanca at a cost of 550 million euros and obviously Spanish themed decor and food .
Or failing that ask Peter Gilder to charter his livestock ship again .

Brittany`s new ship Honfleur was cancelled a few months ago.
marinelink.com/news/brittan 
 der-479471

Franglais:
 der-479471

That news report is such a load of CARP !!!

The German shipyard went bust , owing BF millions. !!!
In fact BF actually invested money into it to keep it afloat (no pun intended), so that they could continue to build the new vessel

And as for this load of BS

> Brittany Ferries, which recorded a dip in passenger and freight volumes in 2019, said in its May annual report that the coronavirus pandemic has increased “financial difficulties” for the Honfleur project. With passenger travel at a virtual standstill due to COVID-19, the company said it is only operating five of its vessels for freight service.

Can’t remember any dip in 2019 !!!
Covid 19 had nothing to do with the Honfleur not being built, the contract was terminated long before March 2020

pierrot 14:

Franglais:
 der-479471

That news report is such a load of CARP !!!

The German shipyard went bust , owing BF millions. !!!
In fact BF actually invested money into it to keep it afloat (no pun intended), so that they could continue to build the new vessel

And as for this load of BS

> Brittany Ferries, which recorded a dip in passenger and freight volumes in 2019, said in its May annual report that the coronavirus pandemic has increased “financial difficulties” for the Honfleur project. With passenger travel at a virtual standstill due to COVID-19, the company said it is only operating five of its vessels for freight service.

Can’t remember any dip in 2019 !!!
Covid 19 had nothing to do with the Honfleur not being built, the contract was terminated long before March 2020

There’s also this report.
cruisemapper.com/accidents/ 
 ferry-2040
And Jan 2019
brittanyferriesnewsroom.com/bri 
 eur-en-fr/
Still expecting boat, but on later delivery.
Then C19 closed yard for a period.
Boat build certainly had ups and downs and delays.

Haven’t had a chance to look at the 2 links yet but I will when I get a chance.

Talking about the BF fleet, saw the new Galicia arriving in Pompey this morning, looks smart but the proof will be looking at it from the inside

Just had a quick look at the BF news letter

It’s dated " January 2019 !!!

So sod all to do with Covid then!

Franglais:
1hr 50min from fish market to security check t’other evening. Add that to the time taken get out at Pompey and it’s beyond a joke.

1 hour 15 after disembarking last night to get out of the port. Loads of people behind me.
Only 2 personnel doing passport control.
Really is like entering North Korea - and with the M27 - what a mess

One of our regular drivers had a chat with one of the Border Force personnel whilst the others were doing their checks, (yes they are human beings capable of passing a few sociable minutes) and spoke of the new regime. The BF person suggested the company making a complaint about the delays. They said the BF on the ground also think its mostly badly organised and a waste of everyones time.
The clear risk is that anyone sticking their head above the parapet will be up for a rumage every time they ship in.
Previously our boss has asked about all the extra checks and been told it is orders from the Home Office wanting to be seen to be doing something about immigration. The queues are certainly unmissable aren`t they?

Yes the queue’s are bad.

If the border force saw the standard of checking vehicles in Ouistreham they would not bother delaying everyone all over again. Bit like the Eurotunnel - All the checking and passports done once and away upon arrival.

Nasty looking lot of migrants hanging about though ( in Portsmouth trying to leave the pre-Brexit utopia)

OwenMoney:
Yes the queue’s are bad.

If the border force saw the standard of checking vehicles in Ouistreham they would not bother delaying everyone all over again. Bit like the Eurotunnel - All the checking and passports done once and away upon arrival.

Nasty looking lot of migrants hanging about though ( in Portsmouth trying to leave the pre-Brexit utopia)

I seem to recall a report saying that the Home Office hasnt a clue about how well their money is spent? I would look for it, but am very busy at the moment fretting, fuming, and feeling bad about Brexit, and enjoying the C19 virus so much (allegedly) that I havent the time to look for it.
As you say, seems a waste of resources. Have they costed the Pompey contingent against the number of illegals found I wonder?

You mean - Stupid Brexit - to give it it’s full kennel name.
Hope all the farmer’s who voted for it are pleased with the house of lords latest defeat for post Brexit food standard’s.

Seen who Liz Truss is openly holding hands with now?
The Strategic Advisory Group convened for the first time yesterday, and has members of the Adam Smith Institute and the Institute of Economic Affairs, both financed by
?
Her previous encounters have been
well
air brushed?
theguardian.com/politics/20 
 c-register
They cant even claim its not foreigners influencing her and UK policy, as there is no clarity on who is doing the funding of these groups.

Taking back control at its best - so long as a person or business is based outside the EU for tax purposes.
The EU tax declaration and domicile regulation anyone ?
No ?
Let’s make a statement on a bus and pump up jingoist nationalism . Get Brexit done and screw the working tax paying man.