Immingham to Brevik

Does anyone know of any U.K. companies that use this route on a regular basis
Got a mate trying to get up to Sweden for work but can’t get on this boat cos he’s not a driver. Looking for someone he can get over with. Can’t go Germany any one help out?

they cancelled all the flights so he cant go that way.
thelocal.se/20200405/flight … -suspended ( you might need to translate that page)

you can get in if you can wangle a reason i.e getting a job to transport supplies or similar.
i think you also dont get onto the malmo bridge now without good reason though trucks ect are exempt.
i got told by a swede theres still flights coming in,but i couldnt actually find any myself.

on further investigation,i believe that you can now travel from denmark into sweden unhindered.
i would assume the puttgarden/rodby ferry would still be ok or possibly other options…where theres a will ,ect

dieseldog999:
on further investigation,i believe that you can now travel from denmark into sweden unhindered.
i would assume the puttgarden/rodby ferry would still be ok or possibly other options…where theres a will ,ect

Aren`t there any fridge trailers leaving the UK he could stowaway inside?

well he cant fly…doing 2nd man in the cab might be an issue for some…he cant use the freight ferry…getting a letter confirming 100% employment would be enough to be allowed to travel once out of the uk…needs must,buy a wreck of a car,or use a wee scooter…its only about 800 miles further up the road than amsterdam.no tolls to worry about apart from malmo and the ferry.
if its a truckie job mabey get a lift from whatever truck ends up closest to germany or whatever?
or
as you say,get in the back of a fridge labelled as a packet of biscuits,peg it on the journey then get a state funeral after they open the doors,and see how they like it for a change!!! :laughing: :laughing:

As far as I,m aware they are only running unaccompanied trailers on this crossing for the foreseeable future… Covid19 etc…No self drive allowed.

He had a flight going via Budapest but that’s been cancelled, 22 hr layover in Budapest.
Has tried loads of options but getting nowhere.
Even if he were to take a car, I assume there are border checks restrictions on cars, especially in Germany cos we all know what those ■■■■■■■ are like for rules and taking money from anything with U.K. plates lol.
Any other ideas would be appreciated, the guy just wants to work…
Does anyone have a number for Mo?

Route as far as i know has been stopped…if it is still running its unaccompanied trailers only…

Shame as it was a good route…

Here i am on the bridge [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

An employment contract as a driver makes you exempt from any quarantine requirements for any European country. Ferries are running on a regular basis from Germany and Poland to Sweden and take both freight and foot/car passengers.

he can’t have put to much research into flights there’s one everyday from Ldn Heathrow to Stockholm via helsinki… cost around 260pounds with finnair.

acceptme:
he can’t have put to much research into flights there’s one everyday from Ldn Heathrow to Stockholm via helsinki… cost around 260pounds with finnair.

I think he tried for flights from Scotland mate, not sure but I shall pass this info on to him.
Thanks

Yeah Unfortunately it’s only from LHR. I live in Stockholm and watch the flights everyday so I can get back

If you travel that route you have to pay for the drivers cabin, it’s a frieght boat and only allows 12 drivers max, it’s same on the Gothenburg, Esbjerg and Oslo ferries. you cant just book a cabin as a punter, he would have to be on the company booking, so i’m guessing it’s looking unlikely.

acceptme:
Yeah Unfortunately it’s only from LHR. I live in Stockholm and watch the flights everyday so I can get back

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
assuming you can fly to stockholm from heathrow today or next week,what happens when joe bloggs walks into the airport…do you just walk out,or is it temperature checks,or refusals if your not a swedish resident?
im only asking as we would consider heading over there for a few months over the summer to see family again if the lockdown is still on in the uk.

Business as usual so you just walk straight out… You can fly tomorrow for 200quid. Remember Sweden hasn’t closed everything down. The have set some restrictions but largely the country is still going about day to day business… Theres no temp control etc… The virus is already in the country so just a waste of resources testing people arriving. As you could be negative today but positive tomorrow if you get me.

acceptme:
Business as usual so you just walk straight out… You can fly tomorrow for 200quid. Remember Sweden hasn’t closed everything down. The have set some restrictions but largely the country is still going about day to day business… Theres no temp control etc… The virus is already in the country so just a waste of resources testing people arriving. As you could be negative today but positive tomorrow if you get me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yep,i know the bridge is back open as normal.
i know a dude who was heading over to spain to his 2nd home the other day.
he got there no probs,but got told to do a u turn at the airport immigration and got crucified for the flight,so just making sure beforehand was my initial thought.
id have preferred to drive over again but thatl be grief for the next wee while hence was thinking of hopping a flight.
its like july midsummer in gothenburg this week…cheers