Swiss border

Hi all ,I am looking for some advice on the border crossing into Switzerland first time.
I am picking up a car and at the moment have 2 car shells on board which my company has emailed me a tourist letter.
The wagon I’m driving has a ID Card Orange.Just wondering what to expect when I get to the border at Basel and anything I need to be aware of. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Durde:
Hi all ,I am looking for some advice on the border crossing into Switzerland first time.
I am picking up a car and at the moment have 2 car shells on board which my company has emailed me a tourist letter.
The wagon I’m driving has a ID Card Orange.Just wondering what to expect when I get to the border at Basel and anything I need to be aware of. Any help will be greatly appreciated

What is a “tourist letter”? ?
Are car shells essential goods?
I wouldn`t be expecting you to get as far as Basel.

Sorry transit document
I am about 30mins from Basel
The shells are a return load from Germany to the U.K.
My company move cars and people are still buying and selling cars online

Durde:
Sorry transit document
I am about 30mins from Basel
The shells are a return load from Germany to the U.K.
My company move cars and people are still buying and selling cars online

So:
You are in Germany now, with a part load for the UK, and wish to enter Swiss to collect more goods for the UK?
Is that it?

Yes that correct

swissinfo.ch/eng/covid-19_c … d/45592192
“Only businesses providing essential goods to the population – such as grocery stores, bakeries and pharmacies – are to remain open.
The measures are in place until April 19.”

As I suggested car parts are unlikely to be covered as essential.
Whether anyone has purchased anything online is unlikely to impress Swiss Customs/Border/Police.
I certainly dont say that is definitive, but I wouldnt expect a warm welcome.

Ok thank you for your help.I did express my concerns to the boss but he said that the owner has said that movement of goods including cars was still being permitted. Just have to see what happens in the morning if they turn me back it’s been a wasted expensive journey for the company

Durde:
Ok thank you for your help.I did express my concerns to the boss but he said that the owner has said that movement of goods including cars was still being permitted. Just have to see what happens in the morning if they turn me back it’s been a wasted expensive journey for the company

Good luck, anyway.
Keep polite and smiling… :smiley: …and two metres away!

Durde:

The owner of the goods says it’s OK , yeah right , because he wants his non-essentials moved and that’s it, Flock everybody else

You will maybe find a lot of hassle here in France transporting cars, car parts, car shells from the Gendermarie on the side of the road.
They are everywhere, Autoroute peages, junctions on Nationals, roundabouts on entry/exits to towns.