Fréjus Tunnel Atmospheric Pressure

Simon:
If you fancy spending some time actualy in Milan over the weekend, there is a parking area which is easy to get to, just off the tram route and secure. There’s a restaurant there, but it closed fairly early Saturday night (10pm ish I think) and all day Sunday, however there are at least two other places in easy walking distance.

Its in Via Stevenson, the one that Murfitts used to use.
Coming from the Torino direction, go through the Rho peage and stay on the Tangianale Nord, heading for Venezia. Immediately after Pero services make sure you are in the inside (granny) lane, because that becomes the slip road onto Viale Certosa, which you want. There is a bridge over the road at the beginning of the slip road with a pillar between the main carriageway and what was the inside lane, so no late lane changes. Take the first slip road off Viale Certosa, signed Via Stevenson and take it fairly steadily. This is one of those slip roads where joiners and leavers have to cross paths, and this is Milan, Italy ( :unamused: I know, belabour the point why don’t I :smiley: ), there isn’t much room either. You will have seen a multi-story block by now, with Minolta across it. In front of this block is a small road to the right, off the slip road. Take that small road, you will see it and think “surely he didn’t mean that road !!!” , that’s the one :open_mouth: :smiley: . Not far down there you will see a hedge on your right, with a white building poking up above it. Turn in there. I don’t know how much parking costs, we used to park here on the company account, it won’t be cheap though.
Here is a map, marked where you want to be.

To get into Milan city centre (ask one of the other Brits or a Dutchman).
Walk back towards Viale Certosa, past the front of the Minolta block and follow the fence round it to the right. Turn left and go under Viale Certosa then turn left again and follow that alley round to the right. You will come to a very good Pizzeria at the end where this alley joins a main road. On the opposite side of the main road is a small news agent/coffee shop. You buy your tram tickets at these kinds of places before hand, they used to cost about £1,500 each (Lira, not pounds). There are tram stops near here, on the same side of the main road as the Pizzeria. I think it was the number 16 tram (always an old rickety one), just ask someone. (You want the tram for the Doumo, pronounced Dwomo as in “woe” is me). Once in the centre there is anything you might want. Pubs, clubs, cafés, restaurants, the inevitable McD’s. Places to go to improve your mind, places to sit and watch the world go by with a drink in your hand and places to go which could make your wife very angry (if she finds out). It is a major city and a tourist attraction, so prices reflect that. Beer isn’t cheap, spirits are expensive. But good food is pretty reasonable and decent Italian wines are cheap.

We were in there regularly on RH. Its called Park Firenze.
NEVER got touched while parked in there…
Cracking restaurant too.
Showers however left a bit to be desired :laughing: