Germany closing borders

Heard on the radio Germany is closing its borders tomorrow if anyone travelling

Not sure what time mind

But the BBC says that commuters and goods vehicle will be allowed to travel.
"How will the German border shutdown work?
The borders will close at 08:00 (07:00 GMT) on Monday, German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer told reporters

However, goods will continue to flow between the countries and commuters may still cross the borders, government sources said earlier.

The aim is to contain coronavirus but also reportedly to curb panic-buying by foreigners which has led to some supply problems in the border regions.

Germany has seen at least nine deaths with coronavirus and 4,585 cases of infection."
bbc.com/news/world-europe-51897069

Franglais:
But the BBC says that commuters and goods vehicle will be allowed to travel.
"How will the German border shutdown work?
The borders will close at 08:00 (07:00 GMT) on Monday, German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer told reporters

However, goods will continue to flow between the countries and commuters may still cross the borders, government sources said earlier.

The aim is to contain coronavirus but also reportedly to curb panic-buying by foreigners which has led to some supply problems in the border regions.

Germany has seen at least nine deaths with coronavirus and 4,585 cases of infection."
bbc.com/news/world-europe-51897069

Thanks for that update

The Reich is closing it’s borders, didn’t think they had them any more thanks to the shenanigans agreement, Could this Virus possibly be the end of the EU.

biggriffin:
The Reich is closing it’s borders, didn’t think they had them any more thanks to the shenanigans agreement, Could this Virus possibly be the end of the EU.

I doubt the EU will end after all of this, shutting borders IMHO is self preservation.
I’m sure this, in their eyes, is a good temporary measure to stop the virus spreading and I’m in agreement.
Maybe, just maybe, if all those that went skiing in the Italian Alps hadn’t gone, knowing that Italy was in trouble
the virus may not have spread so quickly to the rest of Europe.

iru.org/resources/tools-apps/flash-info

Unfortunately I can’t get a direct link to the odd but if you go here and follow the link to coronavirus outbreak link, you get a odd with the rules, both extra and relaxed for all counties in the IRU.

acd1202:
https://www.iru.org/resources/tools-apps/flash-info

Unfortunately I can’t get a direct link to the odd but if you go here and follow the link to coronavirus outbreak link, you get a odd with the rules, both extra and relaxed for all counties in the IRU.

Excellent link. Thanks. :smiley:

Theres border controls in place at every border that iv been through so far, apart from into lux.

Just the usual what where why type shenanigans.

Mainly there to stop all these idiots going on holiday.

Roads are quiet, and pollution is at a all time low. Greta must be loving it.