Morocco

Evening all,

Just wanted to know what’s the actual procedure to get on the ferry to Morocco tanger med.

Does anyone do this regular, if so can anyone tell me where you have to stop to clear when in Algeciras, and then where to clear customs when in Morocco.

Also do the old bill in Morocco customs still have to check the trucks paperwork / log book etc.

Also if returning empty do you follow another route.

Thanks in advance.

Wouldn’t your mate who lives there know the answer, it’s still like leaving one continent for another. In this case Europe and Africa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Procedure as to where to park in Algeciras port, has it changed?? Do you go to the agent or does a runner come to you??

Same in Tanger Med etc.

And how long does it take to clear both sides, with all the correct Doc’s?

Morocco can be a bit of an experience so it’s good to know what to expect .
Get yourself to Algeciras port and booked on the boat . Then you need to do your customs paperwork , which will be at an agents outside the port . Once that’s done you can return to the port and chill till the boat goes …Tangiers is where the fun starts , once off the boat , park up and then you need to hop on a port bus up to the agents offices near the port exit . The pick up point is on the road behind the cafe where you are parked .
Once up at the agents you need to find yours , be very careful to make sure you find the correct agent as there are a lot of undesirable characters around who will try and get you to hand over paperwork / money which you’ll never see again .
It’s a long time consuming process , in and out . Keep,your eyes wide open at all times , especially returning to Spain as migrants have free will to roam around the port .
I was threatened with having my throat slit for confronting one !

If you need any specific info pm me and I will try and help …once you know the routine you’ll be ok , and driving over there is amazing . You’ll see things you’d never normally see , I really enjoyed it . Oh , and by the way , buy a map , your sat navy won’t work . In the city , I literally had to go old school and ask locals and police . It is a great experience, enjoy :smiley: