Snow.

On TV news tonight.
Valance 26, snowbound!
OK, snow up in the Alps or Massif or Pyrenees is one thing, but November in Rhone valley?
7.5 ton ban on A7.
Choose your route carefully.
Bison Fute etc.

Good grief, and it’s not even December yet :unamused: :smiley:

Simon:

Repeat of 2010? remember loading in Montpelier in November 2010 in shorts and t shirt then heading up the A75 to get snowed in. :open_mouth:

Mazzer2:

Simon:

Repeat of 2010? remember loading in Montpelier in November 2010 in shorts and t shirt then heading up the A75 to get snowed in. :open_mouth:

The A75 is a classic for that isn`t it?
Used to love driving that road in my last truck, 16speed box, exhaust brake, and full retarder.
Just a pain in my current heap.

what you driving now franglais ?

m.a.n rules:
what you driving now franglais ?

Euro 6 2015 DAF now. Last was a Euro…?..2006…DAF.
Present truck has a DAF engine brake, but it is nothing like a real retarder.
Ive had a wheel around in the latest DAFs and the newer box is better, but I havent used the newer ones on a proper run at all. Without winding myself up about it all....again...the early EU6 DAFs are a real shower of...excrement. And the response from our local dealer didnt help much. Many of the problems on the early 6s seem to have been addressed, but they shouldn`t have been there in the first place. A few days on the road, and all the issues could have been seen.
Thanks! :smiley:
That was a cathartic experience!
Saves getting bruise toes from kicking the damned thing.

So glad we don’t have to stress about snow,guaranteed from October to April

hutpik:
0So glad we don’t have to stress about snow,guaranteed from October to April

I used to travel with a set of snow-chains.

I now prefer curtains, a night heater, and a hip-flask. “WimpsrUs”.

well as you know franglais todays motors are overloaded with techno crap, the best retarder I have used was the 3 stage stick on Renault premium circa 2005. used correctly it would bring you to a halt…

hutpik, hope you are well, just shown my missus your pic and she wants to spend Christmas there…
whats the chances… :wink: :laughing:

m.a.n rules:
well as you know franglais todays motors are overloaded with techno crap, the best retarder I have used was the 3 stage stick on Renault premium circa 2005. used correctly it would bring you to a halt…

hutpik, hope you are well, just shown my missus your pic and she wants to spend Christmas there…
whats the chances… :wink: :laughing:

Not all new stuff is bad, but when underdeveloped, seemingly untested trucks are sold I get upset.
Good luck with the divorce, when your other half reads your post! :wink:

Good luck with the divorce, when your other half reads your post!

no probs there mate, I wanna go as well… :sunglasses:

m.a.n rules:
Good luck with the divorce, when your other half reads your post!

no probs there mate, I wanna go as well… :sunglasses:

Dunno how to respond to that?
Without risking digging a deeper hole! :smiley:
Snow is pretty in photographs, or seen through a double glazed window that bears a reflection of a roaring log fire, IMHO.
Touching it, or seeing it through a windscreen? Thanks, but no.

arizona last week