Speeding fine - austria

Ladies and Gents,
I’ve just received (via DSV) a speeding fine whilst I was in Austria earlier last month. I don’t deny I was (probably) speeding (59 km/h in a 50) but what has puzzled me is the only registration that is on the fine is my trailer hence receiving the fine via DSV. Is this the norm or should my unit registration be on the fine also? I seem to remember reading something about this somewhere in the depths of the tínternet.
Any help/advice appreciated.

As you doubtless know, many EU countries don’t require the tractor reg plate to be duplicated on the trailer. Any speed camera taking a photo of the rear of the vehicle won’t show which tractor it is, at all.
So it must be the norm in those countries for the fine to be sent to the reg owner of the trailer directly?. I doubt there is any wriggle room for you.
You may have stood a good chance in the UK saying it wasn’t you under a particular trailer if your tractor plate wasn’t showing, but probably not there.

You live and learn. Thanks Franglais.

If you havent paid this yet ask for a photo from the front, austria cant prosecute without a photo of the actual driver.

The law changed a few years ago, hence theyv done away with a lot of the cameras that get you from the rear and replaced them with ones that get you from the front.

Concretejim:
If you havent paid this yet ask for a photo from the front, austria cant prosecute without a photo of the actual driver.

The law changed a few years ago, hence theyv done away with a lot of the cameras that get you from the rear and replaced them with ones that get you from the front.

Do you have any reference to the Concretejim? I’ve searched and can’t find anything.