Tacho, ferry, help

deanbrownn:

Simon:
For a start, you should have access to a bunk or couchette for the crossing. So Dover - Calais doesn’t count.
I’m a bit confused as to why you’d use POA on a ferry crossing at all.
Even if it’s only a couple of hours, you are not working, you’re sitting in a cafe with a coffee/tea or whatever, resting. I’d have thought you’d have it on rest/break.

Doing a ferry movement is pretty straight forward to be honest.
You drive to the port and arrive some time before boarding time. The time on board might be less than 9 hours.
When you park up, you sign off end of shift country and put it on break.
Some time later you get called forward to board, scroll through the options to ferry/train movement and click on it.
Drive onto the ferry, put it back on break.
After the crossing, check your tacho. If you’ve had 9 hours static on the ferry you’re good, sign on with start country and go.
If not, scroll down and click on ferry movement again, drive off the ferry, find somewhere to park up, get the last bit of an 11 hour rest. Sign on start of shift country and go.
The total driving time allowed, counting both movements, is 1 hour.

I’d recommend you find where ferry/train movement is in the options before you need to, so it’s easy to find if you have to do it quick.
It isn’t a ‘mode’ as such. All you have done is put a flag on your tacho to show that this movement is for the purpose of boarding a ferry.
Take a print out, you’ll see the little symbol at the time you clicked on it.

But you’re doing a ferry crossing from Hull, to Zeebrugge or Europoort?
Whichever, you’re on the ferry for well over 11 hours, so you won’t need any of this anyway. Just drive onto the ferry at Hull, sign off with finish country, put it on break, go have a beer or two.
In the morning, unless you’re in pole position, you’ll have plenty of time to get to your wagon, sign on with start country leaving it on break. Drive off and go wherever you’re going.
I’ll be on the Zeeby ferry tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you have to leave card in or out during ferry

IN , otherwise how will it record your entries ?