Lisbon, tolls etc

Hi All,
Off to just north of Lisbon in a couple of weeks (10/9/19), anyone got any vague ideas on tolls if I choose either Calais or the Santander route down to there please? 5 axle wagon & drag & will be using DKV card as much as I can. Any other useful info will help (don’t get out of the UK that much in a truck tbh). I know about not parking for overnight stops on the toll motorways in Portugal but the rest is a bit of a mystery!
Tia :laughing: :smiley:

You can park overnight on the motorway toll service stations , but there is a time limit ,the time of entry will be printed on your ticket .
For foreign vehicles , there is an office to get the tags for the windscreen .
I would take some cash , in case the bank or Dkv cards fail to work .

From the Spanish border to Lisbon , a new motorway was built a long time ago .
Avoiding France is better , as their controls or checkpoints by the Gendarmerie and Douanes or customs can be a pain .
They lurk around the peages or toll booths .
Portuguese traffic police are GNR and normally leave you alone .
Watch out for unmarked cop cars behind you .
Fines are court deposits paid on the roadside , most people never contest their fines .

Using the national or free roads will be slower with farm vehicles ,tourists .
Santander and Bilbao are mini cruises with cinemas , swimming pools and grab a granny discos .

lakesidelee:
Hi All,
Off to just north of Lisbon in a couple of weeks (10/9/19), anyone got any vague ideas on tolls if I choose either Calais or the Santander route down to there please? 5 axle wagon & drag & will be using DKV card as much as I can. Any other useful info will help (don’t get out of the UK that much in a truck tbh). I know about not parking for overnight stops on the toll motorways in Portugal but the rest is a bit of a mystery!
Tia :laughing: :smiley:

Not been down there for a good while but it used to be that it was 100 euro cheaper to go via Caen but the main advantage of going Santander is that you will get off the boat with 6 days worth of cards and be down to Lisbon on under two cards leaving plenty for the return

Santander to Badajos is all toll free road.
Badajos to Lisbon 71.20 euros I believe.