Nice capture at the port of Dieppe

From the local Ouest France rag

ouest-france.fr/normandie/l … id=1498792

Quick translate

Friday 16th August at 11h30, customs officers at the port of Dieppe found 16 immigrants 15 men and women origin of Vietnam and 1 male from India, inside a tautliner loaded with tyres, en route for the UK. They were found to be in an inhumane situation as the load of tyres had moved and several of them had to be released by the local fire brigade as they were trapped.
The Police authorities of Dieppe have arrested the Roumanian driver and have kept the immigrants under police surveillance.

Inhumane conditions…

What are they talking about ?

They hadn’t even boarded !!!

It’s not as bad as the Gaby Weir, but not by much.

OwenMoney:
Inhumane conditions…

:smiley:

pierrot 14:

Quick translate

Friday 16th August at 11h30, customs officers at the port of Dieppe found 16 immigrants 15 men and women origin of Vietnam and 1 male from India, inside a tautliner loaded with tyres, en route for the UK. They were found to be in an inhumane situation as the load of tyres had moved and several of them had to be released by the local fire brigade as they were trapped.
The Police authorities of Dieppe have arrested the Roumanian driver and have kept the immigrants under police surveillance.

Good job they got the driver. Hefty fine for insecure loads nowadays.

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Quick translate

Good job they got the driver. Hefty fine for insecure loads nowadays.

And I bet he didn’t even have a permit for a live load !! :smiley: :smiley:

OwenMoney:
Inhumane conditions…

Now now Owen , Transmanche aren’t as bad as P&O :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i wonder what war torn country the poor doctors and scientists were fleeing from?
whos at war with vietnam and india these days? :confused:

Good job they arrested the driver, huh? Wasn’t of western origin, thus doesn’t matter.

milodon:
Good job they arrested the driver, huh? Wasn’t of western origin, thus doesn’t matter.

HUH? This was Dieppe not Newhaven, drivers people trafficking are treated harshly here, wherever they come from !

milodon:

no relevance as to where the driver came from. he was dealing in other people’s misery for a quick buck. if it was a british driver I would want the book thrown at him as i do with this lowlife… :imp:

So who says that the driver even knew of the clandestines?

As I understand it, drivers are routinely “arrested” and questioned, when clandestine are found in France. Being “arrested” is so they can be questioned.
It’s a long way from being formally accused of an offence or anything else.
And my previous post was an attempt at humour…Good job he was arrested, for an insecure load.
As successful (or not) as some others I’ve made.
Edit to add.
I’m with MAN Rules by the way.
Anyone any nationality making money from people smuggling, is profiting from human misery and deserves to be subject to the law.
I’ve known some drivers who have been unaware of having clandestine aboard (professional people smugglers are resourceful) and have after a few hours àrrest, been released.

So, yet again, how do you know the driver was in on it? Because he isn’t from western Europe?

In light of what’s been happening in Calais the presumption should go the other way :unamused:

milodon:
So, yet again, how do you know the driver was in on it? Because he isn’t from western Europe?

In light of what’s been happening in Calais the presumption should go the other way :unamused:

Perhaps because the situation is slightly different in Dieppe and those that are caught in Dieppe generally haven’t got into the lorry in Dieppe but from further afield, haven’t seen the type of trailer but if it is a box or fridge with seals and locks in place then there is a fair chance the driver had something to do with it. No reason why an EE driver is no more immune to the lure of several thousand euros to bring some in than a western European driver, have you not seen the videos of Waberers unloading walking freight in All for Trucks in Calais?

Do you mean this video? https://youtu.be/vPP7yNsy_z4

Is it not obvious, that the gendarmerie were called in by the truckers themselves?? Ffs.

I myself would under no circumstances visit the UK in a truck via a ferry as I don’t want to risk a massive fine thanks to circumstances I have little control over. And then be blamed for smuggling by the very people who should know better. It’s just pathetic really.

milodon:
Yeah, right.

Sorry if the truth doesn’t fit your agenda am not criticising EE driver just saying how it is, I use both ports and Dieppe is far more secure than Calais obviously helped by the fact that it is far smaller and therefore easier to police, around Calais you will see EE trucks parked where no one else will so no surprise they get illegals in board.

My agenda? I have no agenda. What I do have is empathy for someone trying to feed their family who probably through no fault of their own winds up in a bad situation.

And disgust for the folk who cheer on.

milodon:
My agenda? I have no agenda. What I do have is empathy for someone trying to feed their family who probably through no fault of their own winds up in a bad situation.

And disgust for the folk who cheer on.

You are accusing us/the authorities of making one set of assumptions… yet aren’t you making another set?
“probably through no fault of their own”? Do you know something we don’t?
If clandestines are found in a truck, suspicions are raised. Same as being in possession of stolen goods maybe? You may be innocentof any crime, but things look bad.
From what I’ve seen/heard if the driver is a culprit or a victim, he will be arrested and questioned. The truth will out, if innocent he is released, and all is over. Time lost but nothing else. Nationality has nothing to do with it.
I can understand if you see too many here having a go at Eastern Euro drivers, you want to speak in their defence. But I don’t think that is happening here.

milodon:
Do you mean this video? https://youtu.be/vPP7yNsy_z4

Is it not obvious, that the gendarmerie were called in by the truckers themselves?? Ffs.

I myself would under no circumstances visit the UK in a truck via a ferry as I don’t want to risk a massive fine thanks to circumstances I have little control over. And then be blamed for smuggling by the very people who should know better. It’s just pathetic really.

Yes the gendarmes were called and nothing there says that it was the Waberer’s driver who called them, travel through Calais and you’ll see plenty getting pulled out of Waberer’s lorries by the authorities so they should know better by now but seem not to. UK policy clearly states that the driver has a certain amount of responsibility in preventing illegals getting into HGV’s in the real world I understand that this is unfair on the driver but then park up in Calais and you will get no sympathy from me if you are hit with a fine. As Franglais says if you are caught with illegals you are immediately under suspicion regardless of nationality if innocent you will be released if not you’ll be charged. I assume that if people from EE countries do not commit crime then they have no need for police or prisons or could it be that just like Western European countries Eastern European countries also have people who chose to break the law.

I know plenty of drivers who’ve had problems with clandestines, mostly in connection with the Greek Superfast ferries. They’ve had them in, on and under the trailers. Nobody got paid to have them there but how can one prove one’s innocence? Please tell, I’d really like to know.

It’s absurd to compare the illegals with stolen goods on the trailer. Stolen goods don’t try to get into your trailer themselves, or do they? Just trying to understand the mindset here.

If they find a kilo of cocaine inside a pallet you have on the trailer, are you automatically guilty of smuggling? Here’s hoping for a good answer from the holier-than-though crowd.