France -Spain restrictions this week?

Peterboro to Aguilar de Campoo Spain, leaving Wednesday 14th Aug (tomorrow!). Euroliner with machinery, we know about the Thursday driving ban, any other road restrictions for heavies ? know this is late but so was the job!

Wednesday 22.00 - 24.00
Thursday 00.00 -22.00
Saturday 07.00 - 19.00 total ban also .
Usual 22.00 Saturday night until 22.00 Sunday also.
You couldn’t have chosen a worse time to ship out.
Restrictions also Ile de France …
Wednesday 16.00 - 24.00
Thursday 00.00 - 24.00
Friday 16.00 - 21.00

Oh crapl many thanks for the heads up on this…

Youd’ve been better off driving down to Portsmouth and taking the ferry to Bilbao or Santander, France is a trucking nightmare at this time of year with all the restrictions !!

All the above, plus expect lots of holiday traffic on the Friday of course. A lot less trucks on the road, and the cars move quick but significant queues at peages, and the daft buggers are always playing bumper cars with each other.
Good luck.

Bear in mind that most Routiers are shut Saturday and Sunday , if you do get stuck in ban , I would park up at the motorway services , their quality of food is excellent compared to the muck they dish out at any UK MSA , everything is fried or with chips .

If you show the till operator that you are a hgv driver , you get a percentage off your meal .
I have never been asked , just say chauffeur poids lourds or camion should suffice .
Failing that , find a place near a village, town or city and walk to a restaurant .

The job will get cancelled.

toby1234abc:
Bear in mind that most Routiers are shut Saturday and Sunday , if you do get stuck in ban , I would park up at the motorway services , their quality of food is excellent compared to the muck they dish out at any UK MSA , everything is fried or with chips .

If you show the till operator that you are a hgv driver , you get a percentage off your meal .
I have never been asked , just say chauffeur poids lourds or camion should suffice .
Failing that , find a place near a village, town or city and walk to a restaurant .

A lot of Routiers are closed for summer hols too.
And one that has always been open on jours feries previously is closed today. (Don’t ask)

For the next few driving bans, try this link > traffic bans.

There’s a link in the Euro Drivers Info Point sticky post, at the top of this forums front page.

Suedehead:
The job will get cancelled.

You are almost right :slight_smile:
I was prepared to go, and I loaded it, but as our UK-Geneva-UK driver has had the next two weeks work cancelled due to Swiss customers holiday shutdowns, we swopped trailers and he has gone with it. He has got to Le Mans where he has just taken a 24 and is running for a few hours tonight before the next one starts, as long as the load is there by Mon PM it is OK.
I have not been out for a while and while looking forward to some different scenery, it is no hardship not going :slight_smile:
Thanks for the quick help anyway everyone.