For those who drive in europe

I will order me a new MAN truck this autumn and i am thinking of order it with 2 x 780 liter fueltanks. Before i have only driven localy here in Sweden. But from autumn i am driving to Ukraine-Poland-Russia(Kalinignrad), Lithuania and then the ferry back to Sweden. In Russia i will ofcourse fill upp my truck with full tanks of deisel before i enter Lithuania and the ferry to Sweden as its so mutch cheaper in Russia. My question is if anyone had any problems from the customs with the fuel your truck drives on in the tank? Do they often check for big fueltanks? And you must pay duties if you have to mutch fuel? What would be the limit in europe? (I hurd 1500L and 60L in a container ). But please share your experience. /Lalleson

My Place, 9 out of 10 trucks dragged of the Autobahn have Russia plates and Turbo damage, first thing we do 0,5 liter diesel out of the tank and off with it to DAF, always comes back Damage caused from poor Quality Diesel

Did you sell your dual-clutch Fh16 to buy the Man?

Yeah, this post makes that much sense.

Lallesons:
I will order me a new MAN truck this autumn and i am thinking of order it with 2 x 780 liter fueltanks. Before i have only driven localy here in Sweden. But from autumn i am driving to Ukraine-Poland-Russia(Kalinignrad), Lithuania and then the ferry back to Sweden. In Russia i will ofcourse fill upp my truck with full tanks of deisel before i enter Lithuania and the ferry to Sweden as its so mutch cheaper in Russia. My question is if anyone had any problems from the customs with the fuel your truck drives on in the tank? Do they often check for big fueltanks? And you must pay duties if you have to mutch fuel? What would be the limit in europe? (I hurd 1500L and 60L in a container ). But please share your experience. /Lalleson

Hi Lalleson,

There are various laws governing the carriage/importation of diesel fuel.

1. Under Customs laws, there may be limits to the amount of fuel carried, so there may be customs duties payable.

2. Under Construction and Use laws, there may be specifications applicable to the tank(s) fitted to a vehicle.

I’m not commenting on either of the above.

============================================

I can comment on this though…

Under ADR [ at ADR 1.1.3.3(a) ] there is a maximum limit of 1,500L in a tank (or tanks) directly connected to the vehicle’s engine which must also comply with 1 and 2 above. (ADR calls it “the pertinent legal provisions.”)

You can also carry a maximum of 60L in portable fuel containers, such as drums or jerricans.