Immingham DFDS Ferry

Hello all.

I am wondering if anyone has used the DFDS ferry from Immingham to Esbjerg with a fridge unit. We are heading up on that ferry but we are trying to find out about the plugin some are saying it is only 240v single phase but we run 3 phase and on any other ferry we have used it has always been 3 phase. Any insight would be great as we have talking to DFDS but think the girl in the office is getting mixed up. Cheers

To be honest I wouldn’t worry, never been on a ferry that doesn’t have the usual plug ins.

I thought they were all 16amp single phase?
How many pins does your external hook up socket have. 3, 4 or 5?

muckles:

Ours are 415v big red plug cannot remember how many pins think it could be 5 but when we normally plug into other ferries in UK we check polarity with tester then we plug-in big red plugs. Just looking for someone that has plugged in on the Immingham DFDS ferry to make sure we can plug-in as we can take a inverter that we can plug 240v into that will convert to 415v to run our 3 phase motor. If we don’t need it will be an expense we won’t have to shell out for.

Cheers

Caithnesscheel:

muckles:

Ours are 415v big red plug cannot remember how many pins think it could be 5 but when we normally plug into other ferries in UK we check polarity with tester then we plug-in big red plugs. Just looking for someone that has plugged in on the Immingham DFDS ferry to make sure we can plug-in as we can take a inverter that we can plug 240v into that will convert to 415v to run our 3 phase motor. If we don’t need it will be an expense we won’t have to shell out for.

Cheers

When I said I thought they were al 16amp single phase, I meant fridges not the ferry hook-ups, but that’s just in my limited experience of fridges.
I’m sure Switchlogic is correct that they’d have all the required connections, but I can see why you want to know for sure before you get on board, have you thought of contacting DFDS again, might get to talk to somebody who is a bit more informed than your previous attempt.

When I said I thought they were al 16amp single phase, I meant fridges not the ferry hook-ups, but that’s just in my limited experience of fridges.
I’m sure Switchlogic is correct that they’d have all the required connections, but I can see why you want to know for sure before you get on board, have you thought of contacting DFDS again, might get to talk to somebody who is a bit more informed than your previous attempt.

Aye will have to keep trying DFDS I think same as Swithlogic that they will accommodate all types as most continental fridges I see on our ferries going to Shetland, Western Isles and Ireland all seem to use same hookup sockets as ourselves.

Cheers

If the trailers on the docks are anything to go by, I’d expect 32a 3phase connections. Believer they’re 5pin too.

Caithnesscheel:

Muckles:
have you thought of contacting DFDS again, might get to talk to somebody who is a bit more informed than your previous attempt.

Aye will have to keep trying DFDS I think same as Swithlogic that they will accommodate all types as most continental fridges I see on our ferries going to Shetland, Western Isles and Ireland all seem to use same hookup sockets as ourselves.

Try emailing them? Getting through to a booking clerk isnt always helpful, as youve found out.