Ouistreham

The new gate and inspection bay for trucks entering the port zone is now in use. Taking a bit longer than before to do the immigrant checks at the moment. Closing the electric doors between each vehicle seems a bit unnecessary to me, and only one bay is not too good…
Expect delays in getting into the port.
We can’t arrange to get there an extra half hour early all the time, but this is a wee 'heads up".

good info, but regard closing the gates no point bolting the gate after the buggers have scarpered… :laughing:

The only way to contain them is in an airlock like a prison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took 18 minutes for 4 trucks tother day, with no problems. Get there at a busy time, just before the boat goes, and there will be problems. Assume 5 trucks in 20min? So, 15 per hour. 100 trucks (MSM holds 118 if full) would take over 6 hours to clear the trucks in. And we all know trucks dont arrive evenly spaced out, with drivers having loads of time left on their tachos.

Anyway, I aint a betting man, but even I would be tempted to have a punt that the door will be struck and jammed in under 4 weeks. Someone will start-up and drive out before its fully open.

If we’re on the morning ferry , we usually leave the depot around 6 - 6.15, it’s normally 75 mins to the port. I suppose now we will be leaving a lot earlier, so that we don’t encounter the wrath of the booking-in clerks. Miss that 30 minute before the boat leaves cut off point and you’re stuffed.

pierrot 14:
If we’re on the morning ferry , we usually leave the depot around 6 - 6.15, it’s normally 75 mins to the port. I suppose now we will be leaving a lot earlier, so that we don’t encounter the wrath of the booking-in clerks. Miss that 30 minute before the boat leaves cut off point and you’re stuffed.

Well have to see how they cope when its busy?
Maybe itll be to just use the option to check vehicles in the pre-gate lanes as they were doing. The single entry porch/tunnel they now have may be good in principle, but I doubt just that one will be adequate. Are you noticing more checks from Douane now too? It all takes time doesnt it.

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Maybe it`ll be to just use the option to check vehicles in the pre-gate lanes as they were doing. The single entry porch/tunnel they now have may be good in principle, but I doubt just that one will be adequate.

Are you noticing more checks from Douane now too? It all takes time doesn`t it.

If you mean on the way out of the port, most definitely !! Has been for a while now.
When I get off the boat I normally park up for a bit, even if I don’t need to do a “ferry mode” just to let the queue die down

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Maybe it`ll be to just use the option to check vehicles in the pre-gate lanes as they were doing. The single entry porch/tunnel they now have may be good in principle, but I doubt just that one will be adequate.

If you mean on the way out of the port, most definitely !! Has been for a while now.
When I get off the boat I normally park up for a bit, even if I don’t need to do a “ferry mode” just to let the queue die down

Port exit, yes you`re right, but now they have those new elevated cabins inside the entry gates the Douaniers are doing more checks there too.

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Port exit, yes you`re right, but now they have those new elevated cabins inside the entry gates the Douaniers are doing more checks there too.

Got stopped there about 2 months ago, before the gates etc, little hut on legs was there and there they were in force, bearing in mind we’re going for a ferry. Usual diesel dip, Douanier asked me where I last filled up and did I have a receipt :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I’m in a STEF lorry, that’s got , I don’t know, 300 depots across France. We have our own fueling facilities :unamused: :unamused: , which I kindly advised him of the fact. After a quick check of Euro paperwork and French plating certificates, it was a " bon journée monsieur, allez " Jobsworth :unamused:
But beware, I think that this is going to happen a lot more . And I was in a French wagon !