ADR in Norway

I have been driving truck and trailer multi drop in Norway for the last 3 years and i’m now looking for a new challenge. I was thinking of doing my ADR and then look for a job driving tankers.

Anything in Norway know the salary for a tanker driver in Norway?

Also, any advice on which ADR modules would be best to have?

Thanks

Jameshub:
I have been driving truck and trailer multi drop in Norway for the last 3 years and i’m now looking for a new challenge. I was thinking of doing my ADR and then look for a job driving tankers.

Thanks

Are you currently driving for a Norwegian company? If you are that should give you a basic idea of how much as a minimum you would be likely to earn.
The current average wage is about 45000NOK, thats just shy of £4000 per month, it sounds like a lot, but Norway is very expensive at times. It would be fair to assume that driving a truck carrying chemicals would attract more than that, the last Norwegian driver I spoke to was making about 60000NOK per month before tax, which is around 45%, then you have 8.2% national insurance, so basically half your earnings. If you’re doing your ADR the usual full package is 2,3,4,5,6,8+9 thats everything apart from explosives and radioactives, if you’re doing an ADR course you may as well get tanks and packages, you never know when you may need one or the other.

As is the case with most forms of transport here in Scandinavia there is a shortage of ADR drivers.I have a Dutch friend who comes to Sweden with a Dutch truck[along with about 5-6 others]and drives through the summer for AGA as they cannot find enough local trucks,they have been doing this for the last 3 summers.

noisycarl:

Jameshub:

Thanks

Are you currently driving for a Norwegian company? If you are that should give you a basic idea of how much as a minimum you would be likely to earn.
The current average wage is about 45000NOK, thats just shy of £4000 per month, it sounds like a lot, but Norway is very expensive at times. It would be fair to assume that driving a truck carrying chemicals would attract more than that, the last Norwegian driver I spoke to was making about 60000NOK per month before tax, which is around 45%, then you have 8.2% national insurance, so basically half your earnings. If you’re doing your ADR the usual full package is 2,3,4,5,6,8+9 thats everything apart from explosives and radioactives, if you’re doing an ADR course you may as well get tanks and packages, you never know when you may need one or the other.

Hi,

Yes i’m driving truck and henger for TINE AS, which is good but i’m wanting to move away from 35 customer drops every day! - I’ve worked in an number of locations - Oslo, Gol, Kristiansand etc and always had good reviews from bosses and customers, but now i want to try something else.

Also, i have a year before i have to do my CPC 35 hours and i’ve been told that if i do the ADR course this counts 28 hours towards the CPC… so double bonus!!

Thanks for your advice

Jameshub:
Also, i have a year before i have to do my CPC 35 hours and i’ve been told that if i do the ADR course this counts 28 hours towards the CPC… so double bonus!!

Thanks for your advice

ADR, if you do all the usual classes (all except 1 & 7) for tanks and packages, is a 5 day course. The tests don’t count as training so you get 4 days of the 5 towards your driver cpc.
But make sure it’s an approved driver cpc course. Not all training centres or courses are. You could do your ADR at a training centre not approved for cpc, the ADR would be valid, but you would still have all 5 driver cpc training days left to do. Just check before you cough up the money.

In France - Initial (base) 21 hours, 3 Days Cost 471 euros

• Tanks 28 hours 4 Days Cost 610 euros
    Doesn’t count towards a cpc qualification . Price correct as in 2017

OwenMoney:
In France - Initial (base) 21 hours, 3 Days Cost 471 euros

• Tanks 28 hours 4 Days Cost 610 euros
    Doesn’t count towards a cpc qualification . Price correct as in 2017

some places in UK seem to charge and extra fee to have it approved for CPC

In France the qualification (Fimo) and renewal (Fcos) bears no resemblance to the much maligned cpc issued in the UK. Adr is not a way to do reduced hours on the cpc, to get a qualification card.

The training provider does all the paperwork and the card arrives in the post. Nothing for me or my employer to upload.

noisycarl:
tax, which is around 45%, then you have 8.2% national insurance, so basically half your earnings.

I have no idea where you get those numbers from, the income tax for these numbers is more like 33% and you don’t contribute to the national insurance separately.

noisycarl:

Jameshub:

Thanks

Hi, do you know if a PDP is valid in Norway like ADR, or is it country specific?
Thanks

I would recommend taking a residential course for the five day ADR course , including the tanker part that you are looking for .
Commuting daily to the course venue is not a good idea , as Pre Covid days , you would have been stuck in traffic , oversleep , or the car breaks down .

Pre Covid , the training provider arranged the accommodation near the venue .
Some even offer decent filter coffee and biscuits on break time .And each night socialize with the other drivers on the course to mill over the course contents ,have a meal out and a few pints in the pub .
Some training providers have a discount if you live a certain radius away .
I did my ADR with tanks with Friendberry training ltd near Taunton , Somerset .With hotels, B&B and guest houses shut , this is a problem .

toby1234abc:
I would recommend taking a residential course for the five day ADR course , including the tanker part that you are looking for .
Commuting daily to the course venue is not a good idea , as Pre Covid days , you would have been stuck in traffic , oversleep , or the car breaks down .

Pre Covid , the training provider arranged the accommodation near the venue .
Some even offer decent filter coffee and biscuits on break time .And each night socialize with the other drivers on the course to mill over the course contents ,have a meal out and a few pints in the pub .
Some training providers have a discount if you live a certain radius away .
I did my ADR with tanks with Friendberry training ltd near Taunton , Somerset .With hotels, B&B and guest houses shut , this is a problem .

I reckon a few pints in a Norwegian pub may be fairly limited at £6 per pint