French speeding fines

So it finally happened. I received a speeding ticket through the post the other day from November in France. 76km in a 70km area near Dreux. 45euro fine.

They even have an app you can pay the fines on Amendes.gouv. Didn’t want to know my details just that my vehicle had been speeding and pay.

It’s a fair cop, but is the UK reciprocating by fining speeding foreign registered vehicles in UK?

I received a fine from the Dutch, seems €45 is standard. I wondered the same, wether our bods were following up on foreign drivers, but the flaw in the system is the picture is of the rear, and the trailer plate never matches the unit, and more often than not the trailer and unit are from different companies and different countries.

lowloader.eu:
So it finally happened. I received a speeding ticket through the post the other day from November in France. 76km in a 70km area near Dreux. 45euro fine.

They even have an app you can pay the fines on Amendes.gouv. Didn’t want to know my details just that my vehicle had been speeding and pay.

It’s a fair cop, but is the UK reciprocating by fining speeding foreign registered vehicles in UK?

As far as I’m aware no, you will only get a ticket in the UK if you are physically stopped

They Try , I got flashed last year in the UK with my Mrs motor ( German Reg) they get all the details from the German DVLA and give them over to a Firma called CP who issue the fine with hefty costs for there troubles :smiley: after about 6 reminders and more costs they sell the dept to a German Soliciter who also send a few letters.By german law they have got to prove who was driving and my wife is not obliged by law to name me as the driver so it ends up in the bin.