4 day weeks.

As we are all well informed, professional drivers…
I’m sure it’s well known we have a few holidays coming up in France:
Mon 22 April. Easter
Weds 1 May. MayDay.
Weds 8 May. Victory WW2.
Thu 30 May. Ascension.
Other countries are different of course but many of us work/transit France.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of the attached pdf has it all in colour. https bison-fute.gouv.fr
Click on the right - Calendrier des interdictions - all useful info for the whole year - Especially if going anywhere near Paris

I imagine most restaurants will be open for the Weds hols, but many now will close on the Thurs, since many will “fait le pont”. Not many trucks on the road that Fri.

I love April/May, all those days off :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Oh crap, just remembered, I drive for a fresh/frozen haulier :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh well, think about all the extra money coming in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Every cloud etc.etc.etc. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I am on 3 day weeks for 6 months( April - October)and never work bank holidays or Sundays.
I am glad I got off fridges.

That’s a ball ache. Not one on a weekend this year!

yuppie:
That’s a ball ache. Not one on a weekend this year!

July 14th (Fete National) “disappears” this year as it’s on a Sunday. I think that’s the only one.

Its ok for you lot, I am on Convoi Exceptionnel , We have to park up early and start later around bank hols and weekends so that you can all get home without being stuck behind us :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Got to give it to the French for lorry bans, all these bank holidays in April and May, one in June and July, then it’s the Saturday driving ban in August

Grumpy Dad:
Got to give it to the French for lorry bans, all these bank holidays in April and May, one in June and July, then it’s the Saturday driving ban in August

Not just the French though GD, Italy, Spain and Germany have their days too.

1st May ,workers day, all over Europe.
8th May, Victory Day (1945), most of Europe.
30th May, Ascension day, Catholic countries (F, E, I, P etc)
10th June, Pentecost, another religious day (so ditto above)

14th July, National Day, France only.

15th August, Assumption, another holy day, so catholic countries again.

Then nothing till the 1st November, All Saints Day

clients.rte-france.com/lang/fr/v … feries.jsp

Grumpy Dad:

Not forgetting Sundays off too - (except 'fridges) and why not. Who needs 24/7 transport ? More important to have family time.

OwenMoney:

Grumpy Dad:

Not forgetting Sundays off too - (except 'fridges) and why not. Who needs 24/7 transport ? More important to have family time.

Remember that last bit, when you wake up and your kids have grown up and have families of their own, that’s time you’ll never get back

pierrot 14:
Accueil - RTE Portail Services

I noticed an unusual occurrance in that calender. The date of Immaculate Conception is 8/12/… The date of Christmas Day, which we all know is when he was reputedly born 25/12/…
Now as far as I’m aware, the normal gestation period for a human baby is 9 months, a 17 day fetus is barely classed as viable and will not survive birth. So Mary must have carried him for 12 months and 17 days, OR, someone got their sums wrong. :open_mouth:

P.S. Yes, I do know the reason these dates don’t add up :smiling_imp:

Ask the dad when he done the deed … oh I forgot, an immaculate conception …

raymundo:
Ask the dad when he done the deed … oh I forgot, an immaculate conception …

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thursday 30th - Bank Holiday - Been ages since the last one - No wonder i’m tired out…All the way till the 10/06 for the next one