Yes, another question on FIMO

Well I have shipped out to France for a month to see if I can find work here before the Brexit window shuts. I’ve been round some agencies and one seems keen to give me some work and has a couple of clients in mind for me, and the work seems ideal. Her stumbling block is she’s not convinced UK DQC, licence, and driver card are valid here. It’s rather astonishing to me that this situation is unique to her as every other driver in the UK seems to be from another EU country - they obviously protect their market here and maybe the language is a barrier to people too.

So… does anyone know of/or can find please a page that’s from an office French body that says the cards are mutually recognised? As if there is such a page then it hopefully will persuade her. I sent her this and copied out Article 10 from the list, but I think she wants something from the French govt or relevant organisation. Thanks a lot for any help anyone can give me, it’s a very frustrating situation -

Si vous cliquer ici:

eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content … 32018L0645

Et cliquer sur ‘text’ vous pouvez lire de code 95. On peut voir ‘95’ sur la derriere de ma carte de conducteur qualification pour touts les categories (C, CE, etc).

Voila la loi concernant ca, l’equivalence des cartes European (UE).

Hi and bienvenue en France, did get your PM by the way, just been really busy Channel hopping, delivering fresh produce for the stockpiling. :laughing:

Explain to the woman that as of now the UK is still a member of Europe, so your documents, licences and qualifications are valid in France, along with those of any other European citizens that currently live and work in France. You’re right mentioning the 95 code on the back of the card.
I’ll try and have a dig through the legislation and info on gouv.fr.

You are allowed to drive here with your UK stuff.

Thank you mate! No worries, I understand you’ve been on war duty haha.

Thanks for the reassurances about my cards - the problem is they just won’t believe me! It would be brilliant if you can find a page for me, esp for DQC. Then I can just point them to it :slight_smile:

Are you definitely looking to work for a France company only, or are there other choices??

In the area of Flanders, Belgium there’s a massive shortage of drivers.

I could give you a list of companies if you wanted.

Geoffo:
Are you definitely looking to work for a France company only, or are there other choices??

In the area of Flanders, Belgium there’s a massive shortage of drivers.

I could give you a list of companies if you wanted.

Geoffo, there is a huge shortage of drivers here too and I would think Brittany to Flanders would be a bit of a commute :laughing: :laughing:

I just think that this person who Wandering is dealing with hasn’t actually got a clue. I had no problems at all with my UK docs, be it agency, Lerosay or STEF, who I work for now.

wanderingstar:
Thank you mate! No worries, I understand you’ve been on war duty haha.

Thanks for the reassurances about my cards - the problem is they just won’t believe me! It would be brilliant if you can find a page for me, esp for DQC. Then I can just point them to it :slight_smile:

Wandering , found this , it’s a bit long winded with loads of details on all sorts of things regarding driving LGV or PSV, but at the top it mentions the “CODE 95”

lokalepolitie.be/centrex/fr/ … ode95.html

Sorry forgot to mention it is in French, give you a chance to practice :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If you want to check out anymore for this, just put “CODE95” into Google and it will give you loads of sites with info regarding legislation and acceptance.

This should cover it for you.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/1490/15468/file/06-074-01_-_Carte_qualification_conducteurs.pdf

Héraultais:
This should cover it for you.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/1490/15468/file/06-074-01_-_Carte_qualification_conducteurs.pdf

That’s 13 years old !!! I think you might find there have been a few changes .

I agree pierrot14, but it is an official french document and clearly states that some countries just put the code95 on the licence. It may just be enough to convince the woman in the agency.

Héraultais:
I agree pierrot14, but it is an official french document and clearly states that some countries just put the code95 on the licence. It may just be enough to convince the woman in the agency.

Since the page is, as Héraultais points out, on an official Gov site, and doesnt lead to a "error 404" page doesnt that mean it is still valid?

Franglais:

Héraultais:

Since the page is, as Héraultais points out, on an official Gov site, and doesnt lead to a "error 404" page doesnt that mean it is still valid?

Yes I agree with you both, have just read through it. yawn !!!
If wandering can print it out Pages 20/21 is the official letter from the “Ministre de Transport”

pierrot 14:
have just read through it. yawn

:smiley:
“Officialese” is an international language: always using two or three words where only one is necessary!

Thank you soooooooooo much everyone! I really don’t know where I’d be with my project without the help I’ve had from all of you - it would be a much lonelier journey, that’s for sure. Geoffo thank you very much indeed for your very kind offer. For now I’ll try and find a way in France as I like the space and house prices, but thanks so much for your offer of help and if I don’t find a way in France I may come back to you!

Thanks all of you for digging around the 'net for me and Héraultais is right - a French government page is the thing I want as it’s about convincing French employers that my cards are sanctioned by the French government, so French government/agency pages is the way to go.

The good news is the agency in question wrote back and said she had sought legal advice from her legal team and they will accept my driving cards so long as I get them translated by an official translator, so I think I’m only one step away now from being able to actually start work. I’ve found an official translator in Rennes who’s already said he can do them. I’ve been building up to moving to France to earn as a truck driver for three years so it’s going to be a big moment! Three years ago I had never driven a truck and knew almost zero French, so time to find out of the ‘learn how to drive a truck and speak a bit of French plan’ can come off!

Sorry for the slight delay in replying. I had a friend to stay so we were doing some manic sightseeing round Brittany. I’m going bonkers with the food - I was thin a few weeks ago, not anymore!! It was creme brulee at Mont St Michel yesterday, Nutella beignets at St Malo today, and countless other cakes - this has to come to an end! By the way, the fish and chips at Boulevard de Rochebonne in St Malo are outstanding, you can find a bench on the promenade just a few minutes away. We sat and ate them looking at the sea, magic!

I’m noticing so many little difference too - like how so far I’ve always found parking no matter where I’ve driven in my car, that when I do park in a bay I actually have enough room either side of the car to open my doors and get out in a dignified way, unlike the ‘car park shuffle’ you have to do back home, public toilets are generally clean and non-stinky, laybys have picnicking facilities, laybys aren’t strewn with litter, kids are well behaved, there’s a lack of shouting, drunken yobs. The list goes on and while I know France isn’t going to be perfect, it certainly is very different on first impressions and somehow trying to actually get in the system gives me a more intimate view than I’ve just got from coming on holiday here. And most of the people in the various offices I’ve had to go to have bent over backwards to help me find my way. I really, really like it here so far!

Wandering, glad you’re having fun and putting on the kilos, but don’t overdo it or you’ll find that the parking spaces aren’t that large after all. :smiley: :smiley:

Can’t understand why they want a translation though as the French equivalent of the licence is exactly the same format as the UK one. Name/add/dob etc on the front and qualifications/expiry dates on the rear. The digi card is also the same format, so is the CPC card.
Well at least they’ve taken the trouble to get advice from a higher place.

That’s hilarious and thanks for the warning - the diet has already begun! :laughing:

Yes it’s weird they want a translation - I don’t understand it either, but yes, also good that they’re willing to take me on. Overall I feel like I’ve struck lucky! :smiley:

Thanks for all your help! :slight_smile:

Just a quick question for you , you’ve obviously done a CV I presume, is it in the English format but in French ? The French format for CV’s is quite different in the design and the way it’s set out.

Have a look at this link to see some examples

livecareer.fr/exemples/exem … ur-routier

They also like what is called “une Lettre de Motivation” example here:

etudiant.aujourdhui.fr/etudiant/ … sique.html

That’s so useful - thank you! I have a French friend who translated my CV into French for me, but I can compare it to the example you sent to see how it matches, and I don’t have a letter of motivation and really did wonder what it was so that helps even more! Is the photo obligatory/expected? I’m trying to work out why they even want one - to assess the cut of your jib I guess!

One of the agencies just rang me to ask if I could take a truck to Caen this afternoon. I had to say no as I have a meeting but it’s progress!!

wanderingstar:
That’s so useful - thank you! I have a French friend who translated my CV into French for me, but I can compare it to the example you sent to see how it matches, and I don’t have a letter of motivation and really did wonder what it was so that helps even more! Is the photo obligatory/expected? I’m trying to work out why they even want one - to assess the cut of your jib I guess!

One of the agencies just rang me to ask if I could take a truck to Caen this afternoon. I had to say no as I have a meeting but it’s progress!!

That’s a shame.

No the photo isn’t obligatory, but they may ask you for one at a later date, at the interview for example

OK - that’s good to know. Thanks Pierre! :smiley: