Parking in Barcelona for 5 days

Looking for advice / info. I’ve been asked about driving 18t rigid to exhibition @ Montjuic Venue - Placa Espanya in Barcelona to unload and then park up, to then reload and bring back.
I’m a bit out of the loop, as not been to Spain for about 6 yrs … never did much around Barcelona anyway.
Is there any-where to park for 4-5 days … without it costing a fortune :laughing: … I’m assuming that I won’t be able to park at the venue … unless any-one knows that I can.
I’m sure I heard in the past, that you could park some-where down near / in the docks :question:
Any info gratefully received … not 100% sure they job is happening :slight_smile:
I’m a bit of a “luddite” … not got one of these smart phones … so no good giving me apps etc :laughing:

It might be worth asking when you get there. Last time i was there the venue had set up a place to park. If they don’t someone there will hopefully be able to help.

Petromiralles, Carrer del Port de Haifa,S/N, Postode 08039 Barcelona.
SN means Sin Numero or no number, do not worry,Carrer is road.
It is free parking as Petromiralles is a
fuel station with showers and a cafe.

I have sat there for days waiting for reloads, with no issues.
To get in to the port, no worries.
There will be a Guardia Civil or police control to get in, just say you need fuel, nobody will check .
Maybe bring your ID to get in and out of the port.

I’ve not been to Barcelona in a truck but a quick search found this place near the edge of town

parkingmuxu.com/en/location/

15e a night plus taxes I think.

Google street view does look like round the port some roads are a free for all

google.com/maps/@41.3527975 … 2?hl=en-GB

Mercabarna used to let you park. It’s near zona franca.

Muxu isn’t a bad place for a few days, has showers and a small cafe, couple of supermarkets close by and a 10-15 min walk into Saint Feliu de Llobregat town for shops/eating and train into Barcelona.
Parking is secure, 24hr security and staff are friendly. 15 euro for 24hrs.
Worth emailing them in advance to book a space as it fills up quick though.
A lot of the drivers tipping Barcelona with a few days to kill before load out head down to El Buffet at Altafulla, decent truck stop but about an hours drive from Barcelona.

Pleased to see the Buffet at Altafulla is still open.Used to have great food,all you can eat and a discount for lorry drivers.There was a similar place on the other side of Tarragona,near Salou,call ed Gran Buffet at Cambrils but someone told me it has been closed.Shame.

Lots of parking space at a retail centre adjacent to the railway station at Viladecans,close to the airport.

Thanks a lot guys … subject is now moot, as the client has decided to pack the stuff and ship it as “groupage” with a haulier ( not sure who ). I think it came down to cost, as they weren’t prepared to pay for a dedicated truck & driver to deliver the stuff / unload & reload and make sure it all went to the correct stand … also I would have “stored” all the packing etc in the truck.
I will keep the info on parking … never know when it might be useful :laughing:

You should be offered safe parking at the event center, plus they should be putting you up in a hotel!

noisycarl:
You should be offered safe parking at the event center, plus they should be putting you up in a hotel!

Ideally you’re right. But it appears the company are real penny pinchers.

Simon:

noisycarl:

Ideally you’re right. But it appears the company are real penny pinchers.

Not so much the Co. that offered me the work, as the client they had quoted for the job … hence it ending up being sent as “groupage”.
Would love to be a “fly on the wall” (or on the exhibition stand :laughing: ) when the stuff arrives in Spain. LOL

It’s a pity I hadn’t spotted this earlier as I had a mate of mine down in Barcelona doing an exhibition job , he was parked up for 5 days as well .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Groupage event equipment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
It never ceases to amuse me how far companies will go to do the job for as cheap as possible, sounds like they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing!
Event work isn’t a cheap game, I hope it turned out to be a disaster for the penny pinching ba$!*&#s.

noisycarl:
Groupage event equipment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
It never ceases to amuse me how far companies will go to do the job for as cheap as possible, sounds like they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing!
Event work isn’t a cheap game, I hope it turned out to be a disaster for the penny pinching ba$!*&#s.

This job was exhibition work … without giving too much away, it was Wedding dresses for Bridal Exhibition. I’ve done these before … put garment rails up in the truck and have the dresses on hangers in proper garment bags … that’s why I said I wanted to be a “fly on the wall” when the stuff arrived. Obviously, as groupage the dresses would NOT be on hangers … would just like to have seen the state of the load ? :laughing: :laughing:

The Rustler:

noisycarl:
Groupage event equipment [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

This job was exhibition work … without giving too much away, it was Wedding dresses for Bridal Exhibition. I’ve done these before … put garment rails up in the truck and have the dresses on hangers in proper garment bags … that’s why I said I wanted to be a “fly on the wall” when the stuff arrived. Obviously, as groupage the dresses would NOT be on hangers … would just like to have seen the state of the load ? [emoji38] [emoji38]

It’s not quite the same, but I’ve seen large wooden boxes with hanging rails inside. IF treated ok should do a reasonable job of moving hanging garments. Depnds largely if put on just one truck as part of a groupage load or passed through half a dozen trucks and depots.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Many years ago a mate of mine worked an event in Germany, one of the companies exhibiting had sent the majority of their stuff via groupage, a tilt pulled up and basically threw out dozens of broken and scratched foamex boards, a broken chipboard display and several battered boxes with give aways in, I’m sure it saved an absolute fortune :laughing:
Probably the wedding dresses were fine, just ending up with the local team having to tart stuff up!