Exchanging UK DCPC for French FIMO/FCO

Does anyone know how to do this and if getting the application in before a hard Brexit would count? I’ve spent hours searching online and cannot find anything definitive.

I could be proved wrong, but I don’t think it is possible now, and surely won’t be after a hard Brexit.
At the moment, due to recognizing each others standards there is little/no need to swop one for t’other, so no procedure to change over.
Can’t see the French would be happy that merely sitting in a room and staying awake is the same as going on one of their courses!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reality check. I’m amazed there seems to be no guidance online about this from any French sites…

I think the French were forced to dumb down fcos and fimo to Code 95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Wheel Nut - I did not know that.

Both my Fimo and Fco have code 95 on the back. It corresponds to the level of driving licence held so it’s c & ce for me.

Don’t think it’s dumbing down, just another way to check correct driver training for the vehicle being driven.

The 95 code is to show that the UK DCPC is a valid qualification and allow Brit drivers to use the UK DCPC in Europe (it was a Euro directive in the first place). I’ve had lots of fun trying to explain that one to the Gendarmes when asked for my FIMO/FCO card only to produce my English card.
You cannot transfer your UK DCPC to a French FCO, you have to sit the 35 hour course here in France to obtain the qualification, don’t forget there is a test at the end.
Same for the UK “LGV” licence, it is valid here, (for the time being !) but if you want to exchange it you will have to pass the medical first then apply. Exchanging a UK driving licence for the car/bike category is purely a straightforward exchange , done on the internet with FR.GOV. vocational licences cannot just be exchanged.

Brilliant, invaluable info - thank you mate.