European work wanted.

Hi all, a bit of a long shot but here goes. For the past 2 years I’ve been touring Europe in my campervan with my missus. Our 2 year jaunt is due to end soon (next month), & the thought of returning to the UK is filling us with dread, so, I’m looking for work out here, I’ve got about 6yrs Euro experience, held my HGV since ‘81, mostly tautliner work, done container work, plenty of LHD experience also, I don’t want fridge work. With the ‘shortage’ of drivers across Europe as a whole, does anyone know of any Dutch/Belgian/German firms looking for drivers?

www.heebink.nl

For starters…

Visbeen. Hsf-ski, boom.

Have you ever considered having a change of career. Ive worked in the tourism industry for years abroad, good lifestyle and keeps you fit. £1300 a month each, but accom is provided, no bills. Gp work for eurocamp as a mature campsite couple, dont need experience.

Getting into European Work isn’t the best employment choice to make at the moment. Best to let the dust settle, for U.K. firms they need permits, but these aren’t given out to any firm applying and several have been knocked back already, though rumour control says there’s a 6 month grace period, drivers also will need an international driving permit to accompany their current licence, it’s £5 from the post office, plus there’s doubt as to wether our DCPC will be recognised after brexit.
Working for a European haulier won’t be as easy either, as both employer and employee may have to go through the foreign labour red tape, which if currently residing in Europe the EU will uphold the current status.
Although the way things are going I could retire before an amicable solution to the brexit farce is made, but whatever the outcome all the best in finding something that suits.

ashbash77:
Have you ever considered having a change of career. Ive worked in the tourism industry for years abroad, good lifestyle and keeps you fit. £1300 a month each, but accom is provided, no bills. Gp work for eurocamp as a mature campsite couple, dont need experience.

I did it last year, worked on Sardinia for 6 months for an Italian firm. Looks like I’m doing it again this year, been offered a Park in Tuscany, myself & the missus both earning means a decent amount coming in.

We had quite a tough time last year with certain aspects of the job, but hoping the 2nd year will be better. Keeps me away from the Brexit debacle anyway.