Flash!

I’ve heard that envelopes with French speeding fines are now landing on U.K. doormats.
I don’t know what the lead time is between flash and letter.
So if anyone was still thinking “It’ll never happen”, maybe it is?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

It’s hardly surprising, all computers are ultimately linked, where revenue generation is concerned I’m sure it will all join up.

noisycarl:
It’s hardly surprising, all computers are ultimately linked, where revenue generation is concerned I’m sure it will all join up.

Brexit will put an end to it… :open_mouth:

biggriffin:
Brexit will put an end to it… :open_mouth:

Only if the UK plans (lol) on going full North-Korea on the EU. As in noone will be allowed outside. Or to own cars :laughing:

Not surprising. Loads more radar and controls about in the last couple of weeks.
Got to replace the revenue lost by the GJ somehow

OwenMoney:
Not surprising. Loads more radar and controls about in the last couple of weeks.
Got to replace the revenue lost by the GJ somehow

That’s why I’m of the opinion that there is no such thing as a rush job any more, I was done for speeding in Northumberland about 20 years ago doing ‘a rush job’ when the fine came and I asked if the company was going to contribute, I got the ‘you know the rules of the road’ it’s your responsibility talk, I’ve never put myself out driving a truck since.

A friend got one the other week, car not truck, 10 days from french flash to uk doormat. :cry:

Most of the cameras I’ve seen in France in the last few months seem to be out of action one way or another. Something to do with protests in France, but I refuse to believe it last more than 1 week in Paris as the BBC doesn’t seem to have mentioned it since then.

muckles:
Most of the cameras I’ve seen in France in the last few months seem to be out of action one way or another. Something to do with protests in France, but I refuse to believe it last more than 1 week in Paris as the BBC doesn’t seem to have mentioned it since then.

Seems to have been a design fault in the cameras? They all spontaneously combusted within a few days of each other.
Lots of vans with flashing lights now parked on hard shoulders doing the necessaries. The new guts for them will need paying for…

I’m going to have to watch my step in a few weeks on my trip down to Spain.If 10 days flash to doormat becomes the norm I dread to think how much the fine will be by the time i return to the UK in August.I may have to sell the little woman.
Any advice on price of diesel at the moment in a supermarket in France,please?

I always use the prix-carburants.gouv.fr site
but around 1.40 at the moment

Thanks for that info.I’ll check it out.Obviously I try to buy the cheapest.If I fill up in Brighton or Portsmouth I can reach Pamplona or Jaca with 100 mile spare.If France is cheaper i leave the UK with an near empty tank.

I was in Spain last week and that was cheaper than France

Just paid £1-23.7 in Costco so at 1-15€ to the pound there is nothing in it. I think it was 1-50+€ last summer before the GJ’s etc ?

Speeding in a lorry? Why? Don’t understand

I came through Karlsruhe in January and have had TWO letters already asking for €108.50 for doing 105kph in a 80 limit!! The second letter went the way of the first … filed under B. I’m just waiting to see what happens next. Naturally, I won’t be going to Germany in the near future no matter what SWMBO says.

I received a fine for a speeding offence from Oosterhout NL in Feb. Though in France the yellow jacket brigade have put a stop to potential speeding fines along the A16 and A26 by either covering the cameras in paint or torching them.

Grumpy Dad:
I received a fine for a speeding offence from Oosterhout NL in Feb. Though in France the yellow jacket brigade have put a stop to potential speeding fines along the A16 and A26 by either covering the cameras in paint or torching them.

Fewer yellow jacket protesters in sight now.
More yellow jacket repair people in sight.
Those repairs need paying for.

Franglais:

Grumpy Dad:

Fewer yellow jacket protesters in sight now.
More yellow jacket repair people in sight.
Those repairs need paying for.

I’m sure the man the yellow jackets are protesting against, will find the money from somewhere, yet more tax increases, the introduction of the much opposed eco tax system, Macron is the worst thing to happen in France, he’s a danger to both the people of France and the people of the eu member states.

The GJ are out in force in Donges yesterday and today.