Opions please :question:

I believe theres two, which one.

Search and google.

Many many a thread on one of them.

Great Yarmouth based

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=matthews&start=30

Or more specifically, just one thread from Oct 2018:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=157092&p=2521923&hilit=matthews#p2521923

I just phoned them the other day I got told it’s £585 take home a week paid weekly also for a minimum of 3 weeks away. They go pretty far Romania/Greece/hungry/Bulgaria/Morocco occasionally

trucks are all pretty basic and your mainly delivering pharmaceuticals.
Money isn’t great but something to remember is your not doing any other work most days accept from driving.

Interesting

Dead men’s shoes [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

English is optional, from the drivers I’ve met, the have a yard in Sutton bridge now, near power station.

What sort of kit are they running , Eastern European friends ? :smiley:

Following this closely as I’m getting close to jumping in with both feet. I’m looking for a chance to go across the water and It’s a toss up between Matthews and S&K. I have only done 2 trips to Frankfurt and 2 to Bologna a few years ago and have always wanted to tramp Euro and beyond but never felt I could leave my family for that length of time required. Due to circumstances, thats no longer an issue and it’s finding someone I can work for that will allow me to be away for long enough. I have loads of experiance with fridges but I’m no fan of curtains so Matthews look like where I might try. Any advice gratefully received. It would be nice to hear from someone who has worked there ratherthat those who think they know.

Many Thanks.

Lew5092:
What sort of kit are they running , Eastern European friends ? :smiley:

They have a mix of trucks.So Daf xf’s.Renault,Volvo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

flub007:
Following this closely as I’m getting close to jumping in with both feet. I’m looking for a chance to go across the water and It’s a toss up between Matthews and S&K. I have only done 2 trips to Frankfurt and 2 to Bologna a few years ago and have always wanted to tramp Euro and beyond but never felt I could leave my family for that length of time required. Due to circumstances, thats no longer an issue and it’s finding someone I can work for that will allow me to be away for long enough. I have loads of experiance with fridges but I’m no fan of curtains so Matthews look like where I might try. Any advice gratefully received. It would be nice to hear from someone who has worked there ratherthat those who think they know.

Many Thanks.

They do have curtainsiders though.

daftvader:

flub007:

Many Thanks.

They do have curtainsiders though.

Not many thankfully unlike S&K

when I rang Mathews they said they have mostly DAFs and also a few Volvos

S&k only buy second hand Volvos and most don’t have fridges ect and there not the newer Volvos either

Personally I think both companies would be pretty crap to work for and both pay crap wages on top but if you want European experience you’ll definitely get a job with either.

Wheel Nut:

@Wheel Nut, Wonder how many understood what you really meant :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

DannyDC2:
when I rang Mathews they said they have mostly DAFs and also a few Volvos

S&k only buy second hand Volvos and most don’t have fridges ect and there not the newer Volvos either

Personally I think both companies would be pretty crap to work for and both pay crap wages on top but if you want European experience you’ll definitely get a job with either.

Pretty much my thoughts but I need experiance so needs must. bit like going back 17 years when I first passed my class 1. :stuck_out_tongue:

davepenn54:

Wheel Nut:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Whatever you do try not to die on your lunch break. I’m sure everyone knows this story by now. Like I said crap company to work for but that’s why you’ll have a job next week, same as S&k and Richard longs.

DannyDC2:

davepenn54:

Wheel Nut:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Whatever you do try not to die on your lunch break. I’m sure everyone knows this story by now. Like I said crap company to work for but that’s why you’ll have a job next week, same as S&k and Richard longs.

I nearly died at work in October 17 and put my Mrs through it, so now if I do manage to die then she’ll just leave me where I lay :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

DannyDC2:

davepenn54:

Wheel Nut:

Regards
Dave Penn;

@DannyDC2 You win tonights star prize :- A free pint or a brew if our paths ever cross :sunglasses:

flub007:

Many Thanks.

Fridges into EU?
Thought about an Irish company? Not everyone’s ‘cup,o,tea’ but then, neither are the other companies mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk