Off to Switzerland Gstaad in Feb

Hey guys and gals,
Got a job in Swiss alps in February, I’ve been there before in the summer months so have a good idea of the route. But I imagine winter is an entirely different beast! I know snow chains are a requirement, but best to be prepared any advice would be welcome as other than the paltry flurries we get here I’ve never driven a HGV in the snow, much less over mountains!

Guessing you have m+s tyres already?

Spare Winter fuel additive.

Guess your a seasoned traveller so have all paperwork.

If you end up at the posh hotel be prepared for an arse twitching drive back down, that includes a sharp turn halfway [emoji16][emoji16]

Avoid the engine brake and keep ya momentum…

If the snow gets really bad then don’t be a hero, park up and click the night heater on…

[emoji481][emoji481]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You’ll be all right they’ve not had much snow !! :smiley:

Thanks for the advice chaps!
I see that the use of M+S tyres is encouraged. If there is an incident the Swiss tend to push for the maxium penalty if your not properly equipped. We are hiring the unit and the company have assured us it comes with these.
No worries about playing the hero, If it gets to twitchy bum time I’ll be enjoying a nice cup of coco! :smiley:

Snow chains?

Youll have to check whats legally required, but if you need them youll be/get parked up until theres no snow. And/or itll cost you, especially in ch.

What odds will you give me on the job getting cancelled ?

All paid up and going ahead, may even get a day on the slopes! :smiley: