ADR, Fuel tankers for Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden)?

Question about ADR certificate for Fuel tankers.

I need ADR for Fuel Tanker work which is valid in Scandinavia (Sweden/Norway), company-employer over there is doing it for me but it takes 5 days and does not count towards my UK CPC hours.
Doing ADR in UK might take less time and will give me CPC hours.

Are they equal?
What ADR Class exactly do I need from all those ADR watewaa UK thingies - courses you all go through?

I believe in UK ADR is segregated but over there it’s all one big course combined?

ADR is valid in all countries, even after Brexit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyk:
Question about ADR certificate for Fuel tankers.

I need ADR for Fuel Tanker work which is valid in Scandinavia (Sweden/Norway), company-employer over there is doing it for me but it takes 5 days and does not count towards my UK CPC hours.
Doing ADR in UK might take less time and will give me CPC hours.

Are they equal?
What ADR Class exactly do I need from all those ADR watewaa UK thingies - courses you all go through?

I believe in UK ADR is segregated but over there it’s all one big course combined?

Hi kyk,

ADR currently has 51 member countries (including the UK,) so it doesn’t matter where you do an ADR course because ADR has a requirement on all of the member countries that they MUST all recognise an ADR certificate (= card) that comes from any of those countries. All of the ADR member countries have already agreed to this, so that’s job done on that front.

All of the Scandinavian countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland) are members of ADR.

ADR leaves some of the decisions regarding how their courses are structured up to the individual countries, so the variation that you’ve noticed is quite correct.

I can’t speak for the way that any of the Scandinavian countries permit variation in their course structures, but I can tell you the way that the UK does it.

In the UK, an ADR course has 12 possible modules.

Core module (Must be taken by everybody)

Then you must choose between the Packages/Bulk module OR the Tanker module (You MUST choose one OR both)

Then you choose a minimum of ONE of the UN Classes numbered 1-9

For you, the minimum requirement to be able to drive a fuel tanker is Core module, Tanker module and the Class 3 module.
This entails you taking a total of 3 ADR exams.

The way that most UK ADR providers timetable that combination of choices means that you would be coming and going over a 5-day period.

Once you factor in the DCPC (if you need it) you might as well attend all day on all of the days of that course just to gain your DCPC hours. It might work out cheaper that way, because you’d not be paying exam fees for the ADR modules that you don’t actually need.

BTW, Malc’s point about Brexit is spot-on. :smiley:

Thanks, I thought if I need only tankers I can do with less than 5 days, but if it’s 5 days in UK as well then there is no difference…
I don’t need full 5 CPCs since FORS have munched me through a lot of CPC lessons already.

P.S. You Brits are amazingly terrible at Brexiting… by the looks of it you will never leave… :stuck_out_tongue:

kyk:
Thanks, I thought if I need only tankers I can do with less than 5 days, but if it’s 5 days in UK as well then there is no difference…
I don’t need full 5 CPCs since FORS have munched me through a lot of CPC lessons already.

P.S. You Brits are amazingly terrible at Brexiting… by the looks of it you will never leave… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi kyk,

You don’t need to do 5 days in the UK to obtain the ADR card for the job you want. :wink:

(I said so above)

Anyone know hourly pay for Fuel Tanker drivers in Norway?

Jameshub:

So as a truck driver working in Norway, you’re asking the UK drivers if they know what a Norwegian fuel driver makes? :unamused:

milodon:

Jameshub:

So as a truck driver working in Norway, you’re asking the UK drivers if they know what a Norwegian fuel driver makes? :unamused:

That’s a very good question milodon, but I thought I remembered seeing something else from Jameshub in another topic…

Jameshub:
Due to Covid-19 I returned to the UK to help with my elderly parents and now i’ve decided to stay for another 6-12 months and planning to renew my CPC and also take ADR so i can then look for work as a fuel tanker driver in Norway, where i have been told salaries are around £30 per hour!

Now it makes sense. :smiley:

milodon:

Jameshub:

As per diesaldave below, and also i’ve had Norwegian drivers comment on here before… always worth asking as you never know who is reading!!

dieseldave:

milodon:

Jameshub:

That’s a very good question milodon, but I thought I remembered seeing something else from Jameshub in another topic…

Jameshub:
Due to Covid-19 I returned to the UK to help with my elderly parents and now i’ve decided to stay for another 6-12 months and planning to renew my CPC and also take ADR so i can then look for work as a fuel tanker driver in Norway, where i have been told salaries are around £30 per hour!

Now it makes sense. :smiley:

Exactly :smiley: - I’m stuck in the UK and have had people comment before on this site about Norway etc… so always worth asking!

30 quid an hour should be in the ballpark. But that probably includes the night shifts.

Best brush up on your language skills though, never seen an advert for tankers where fluent norsk hasn’t been specified.

milodon:
30 quid an hour should be in the ballpark. But that probably includes the night shifts.

Best brush up on your language skills though, never seen an advert for tankers where fluent norsk hasn’t been specified.

my Norwegian is pretty good