S&K Transport

now then, does anybody have any current information in regards to s&k transport wages work etc. I am planning on heading over to see them just wanted a bit of info if anybody knew what they were like. ive seem some threads from 2014 but nothing upto date.cheers.

Tommytoes:
now then, does anybody have any current information in regards to s&k transport wages work etc. I am planning on heading over to see them just wanted a bit of info if anybody knew what they were like. ive seem some threads from 2014 but nothing upto date.cheers.

There are more up to date mentions of them, for sure. Some threads about Euro companies mention them.
Never worked there myself, but know some that have: couple left and say they’ll never go back, another left but did go back.
Some drivers have been there for ages, another one or two seem to leave quickly…dunno if that’s because they don’t like the company or EU work generally?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Tommytoes:

There are more up to date mentions of them, for sure. Some threads about Euro companies mention them.
Never worked there myself, but know some that have: couple left and say they’ll never go back, another left but did go back.
Some drivers have been there for ages, another one or two seem to leave quickly…dunno if that’s because they don’t like the company or EU work generally?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

cheers pal ill see if I can find any of the other threads.

I’ve met one or 2 S&K drivers on my way round Europe, they seem okay with the job and not pushed, but then I don’t think the pay is the best although the trucks seem to be getting a bit tidier.

Pay is average for south Wales, so donno expect to much

Going to watch this post closely as looking to throw my hat in the ring next year. Not looking to retire but definitely get some experience under my belt as looking to be away from home for a good while.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve never worked for S&K but my understanding is that they pay an average wage for South Wales.

So it all boils down to whether you want to do UK work for TD Williams or Rhys Davies, or continental work.

Personally, the best years of my working life were the 20+ years I spent running around Europe. And job satisfaction is at least as important as the money.

So go for it. :wink:

Harry Monk:
I’ve never worked for S&K but my understanding is that they pay an average wage for South Wales.

So it all boils down to whether you want to do UK work for TD Williams or Rhys Davies, or continental work.

Personally, the best years of my working life were the 20+ years I spent running around Europe. And job satisfaction is at least as important as the money.

So go for it. :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
same here,it would certainly beat sitting an a rdc waiting to get back into your fleet spec…plus theres always an earner from the ■■■■ and booze.

2-3yrs ago the pay was £1100 every couple of weeks doing two week trips inc weekend rest in lorry. Im sure some of their trucks are on turn around between UK and Benelux so you could do Mon-Fri.

Cheers,I don’t mind being away for a gud bit of time like, have done 4 weeks on 4 days off before now. The wages aren’t great in my neck of the woods I’d be surprised if they paid less like. I just want euro work that’s why I got in the game. I don’t mind uk but it’s half a job in my opinion.

Was working there in 2016/2017.Not bad company.Truck not new but in good condition.If nothing changed that wages was about 550-600 before tax plus nigh out money.Uk nighout money was 20 per night.If Saturday/Sunday outside Uk that 33.Some extra money if work Saturday.

mrginge:
2-3yrs ago the pay was £1100 every couple of weeks doing two week trips inc weekend rest in lorry. Im sure some of their trucks are on turn around between UK and Benelux so you could do Mon-Fri.

Monday to Friday more in do trip from Barry to main customer in Wilrijk in Belgium.