Overnight service station break ins France

On 3 occasions whilst parked overnight in services between Marseille and Orange I have had attempted break ins into the cab. Each time they have managed to unlock the door and the only reason they haven’t been able to open it is due to me having a strap running between the doors.
I’m curious to know what would have happened if they’d managed to open the door. Grab the first thing and run? Gas me and take their time rifling through my stuff? Due to the time it was obvious that I was in the cab
Any ideas?

WheelzRturnin:
On 3 occasions whilst parked overnight in services between Marseille and Orange I have had attempted break ins into the cab. Each time they have managed to unlock the door and the only reason they haven’t been able to open it is due to me having a strap running between the doors.
I’m curious to know what would have happened if they’d managed to open the door. Grab the first thing and run? Gas me and take their time rifling through my stuff? Due to the time it was obvious that I was in the cab
Any ideas?

Motorway services at Vitrolles?
I’m wary of taking a coffee there. Some guy tapped on my door (I was out of sight on bunk) when I appeared he had some silly story about a phone message for me in service station. Obviously checking before breaking in. This was mid afternoon.
Stopped at Centre Routier Vitrolles, but only with trailer doors open and all my kit in my pockets. Good food there!
Services at Lancon Province busy but I’ve not been touched there. That doesn’t make them safe though.
Several good Resto Routiers dotted around. Usually safer than services too.

Marseille equals locked doors at ALL times. Always been rough and ain’t getting better.

What’s happen if these types broke in?
Dunno. Hope I never find out.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I have had my diesel tank emptied on two occasions at service stations down that way, but luckily no attempted cab break ins. I did have my cab broken into down near Naples a few years back and they took absolutely everything including all my clothes which surely had no value to them whatsoever.

whelmic:
I did have my cab broken into down near Naples a few years back and they took absolutely everything including all my clothes which surely had no value to them whatsoever.

Bloody 'ell, bet that was a sight to behold, you driving an walking around naked … :slight_smile:

Funny the only time I’ve experienced someone trying to break in was when i parked at a service station down there.
We have internal door locks so they was unable to open the door and I’m a very light sleeper.

leaving one of these jammed into the window would somewhat lead to a quiet night if you dont want to leave the real thing.

id always ratchet the doors anyway and have a nice flick stick tucked away for the sake of it.
only had to use it a cpl of times as a last resort of bravado,though the last time in le havre i just lobbed a baton at his head and they stayed back long enough for me to welly it out of harms way.
i wouldnt be bothered about leathering someone with the baton if it came to it,but wouldnt want the inevitable grief of splitting someone with one.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Fake-Plastic … ctupt=true