French domestic rules

hi

please can anyone help me on domestic rules in france. I have a new client who runs 3.5t van and trailers out to events in the alps, once there they unload and un hitch trailer and just use van so would be under domestic rules but I am struggling to find info and trying to navigate the french gov websites without speaking french when they don’t seem to have translate option is difficult can anyone point in right direction pls

Are there any French Domestic Rules?
In any week you work under EU rules you must obey EU break and rest times. Are these vans used for a complete week without needing EU rules? If not you’re pretty much under EU rules aren’t you?
And try explaining how you were driving under one set of rules without a trailer, when you’re controlled with a trailer on, a few days later. I wouldn’t fancy it.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:
In any week you work under EU rules you must obey EU break and rest times. Are these vans used for a complete week without needing EU rules? If not you’re pretty much under EU rules aren’t you?

I’ve no idea whether there are any French domestic regulations or not but you certainly don’t have to comply with EU regulations on days that you’re not driving to EU regulations.

In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must comply with the EU weekly rest requirements.

On any day that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must comply with the EU daily rest requirements.

If you’re driving in-scope of any countries domestic regulations you should comply with their break requirements if there are any.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

Franglais:

I’ve no idea whether there are any French domestic regulations or not but you certainly don’t have to comply with EU regulations on days that you’re not driving to EU regulations.

In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must comply with the EU weekly rest requirements.

On any day that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must comply with the EU daily rest requirements.

If you’re driving in-scope of any countries domestic regulations you should comply with their break requirements if there are any.

Sent from my mobile.

I stand corrected on that then. I thought if you fell in scope within a week you had to be in for ALL of that week.

Still wouldn’t fancy being controlled with a trailer on the way home, explaining how I had obeyed EU rules only some of the time…
If the OP were to obey EU rules for the whole trip it would make controls easier, for sure. How difficult would that make his work I wonder?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

If it were the uk then at any time the trailer is on then eu rules apply, any day or week where eu rules apply then daily/weekly rest requirements must be satisfied but days when eu rules don’t apply ie: no trailer on then the GB domestic rules apply which is a 10 hour driving limit but an 11 hours duty limit so duty limit is less than eu as that is normally 13 or 15 depending on whether a 9 or 11 hour rest needed. and driving limit is more as can drive 10 hours every day not just 2 days per fixed week like eu.

france should have their own domestic rules so therefore I need to know to advise my client properly. there may be other differences too as germany domestic rules apply to any goods vehicle over 2.8t so I expect france has differences too

LOI MACRON: loimacron.eu/en
As a transport company operating in France* you should already have a French representative, shouldn`t you? So they should be able to get the info.

*you say you/your client are tipping under EU regs. And doing cabotage operations?

the company actually fall outside of uk operator licence requirements as they fall under the small trailer exemption they are only running 3.5t van with trailer under unladen weight of 1020 kg but as combination is over 3.5t they do fall in scope of eu regs ie: tacho and drivers hours rules.

and no not cabotage as it is own goods they are an event company doing hire and installations

the query is what rules they fall under once they arrive and unhitch trailer as then will just be 3.5t goods van which in UK would fall under GB domestic rules, will check out your link

thanks for link, it does seem as this will apply to them also, I am actually a contractor they have got in to train and assist them in transport matters so will pass it on