Driving Preference;GB or Europe

Just some musings from my recent return home by car heading to Wakefield.
Leave southern Costa Blanca at 1830 arrive France/Spain border 0230 including 2 coffee and 1 car refuel break.No speed limit broken.
Arrive Poitiers 0645.Have a coffee and croissant break.Dawdle to Dieppe via national roads and recent 80kph limit.Arrive 1400.
Disembark in Newhaven 2130.Slight delays due to roadworks on Lewes bypass and A26/A23 jct near Brighton.M23 10 miles @ 50mph near Gatwick.My newish car has built in sat nav which suggested western M25.Never used sat nav before.Will never again!
On M25 2 separate occasions of 40mph limit on matrix signs about 4 or 5 miles before reducing to single lane working.Observed by some drivers but largely ignored as were the occasional red flashing lights overhead.
Gantries informed me that M1 closed at 21 with traffic backed up;A1 closed near Hatfield and St.Neots.A5 closed near Northampton.A46 closed near Leicester.Sat Nav advised that it was computing new route to take account of roadworks and delays then went silent until I had found my own way to Derby.Had to switch it off what with her voice and the wife’s.
Sorry about the tedium.The only interesting part was one of Downton’s finest driving like Kevin the teenager.
I’m glad I don’t drive for a living any more over here and I pity those who do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
fortuntely for me then england is now a transit country if im going abroad or returning from a wee eurojaunt.
totally useless gantry messages,total overkill mountain out of a molehill with the wombles and plod utilising the most inconvenience to everyone using the usual h&s to cover it.
smart motorways that cure nothing apart from mega revenue raising for whoever gets it.
i fly over and lift vans and similar sometimes and to be fair,once your past preston/blackpool then its not really bad at all except for the m6 closures.
theres no comparison to conditions between the uk and most anywhere else in europe.
nowheres perfect but england is just an overrun mess of incompitence regarding road network repair planning and due to soft touch policies is now saturated with far too much traffic.
i tend to think of england as a nappy.
theres only so much dung it can absorb and as far as im concerned its well overdue to be emptied.

I really wish Gidders and others would be quiet about Europe.
Stories of quieter roads, better food, free parking, and being respected as a driver; all alter the rate for the job too much. Too many stories and the rate will rise higher.
I soon won’t be able to afford to pay to drive trucks here!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Sorry for any offence caused by my original post!

Gidders:
Sorry for any offence caused by my original post!

^^^^^
why could anyone take offence at your o/p?
your just stating an obvious accurate fact… :confused:

I know but I think Franglais was being tongue in cheek.

Gidders:
I know but I think Franglais was being tongue in cheek.

:-;

Franglais:
I really wish Gidders and others would be quiet about Europe.
Stories of quieter roads, better food, free parking, and being respected as a driver; all alter the rate for the job too much. Too many stories and the rate will rise higher.
I soon won’t be able to afford to pay to drive trucks here!

No it really is much much better out here.

ok,so that one was deffo a wooooosssshhhhhhhh… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
ok,so that one was deffo a wooooosssshhhhhhhh… :slight_smile:

Whoop Whoop - You made my day - Like a Paul Hollywood handshake-