Fuel Prices

On my last trip from Yorkshire to Spain I was surprised how much diesel prices have increased in the last few months.In France 1.65€/litre is about average with 1.45 at supermarkets.This is similar to UK prices.Spain is about 1.25 to 1.30 but in the Costa Blance there have popped up a few auto stations at about 1.15 to 1.17.I´ll be able to fill up near Pamplona with enough to get back to the UK without buying any in France.
The Santander ferry is too expensive by far.Yesterday´s Spanish news showed pictures of new 4m high fences around Santander Port designed to keep out our would be immigramts.
I´m wondering what will happen if Mr.Macron closes Calais Port to cross channel traffic.That has a hint of fake news to it.All sorts of sillier stuff being hurled about over Brexit.
Maybe I´ll have to return to flying out here again and risk being arrested by our delightful and helpful airport personnel.

I don’t think you’ll have to worry about Mr Macron closing Calais Port. That would definitely be cutting off his nose to spite his face.
There are lots of car parts made in France and exported to the UK for car assembly plants. One of the companies I’ve worked for in the past transported plastic bumpers from France to Coventry for example.
The car parts industry would be lining up with all the other French industries who export goods to the UK, to lynch him if he did.

Filled up in Rosslare and it’s down to 1.35euro a litre knock off the 7 cent rebate and 21% VAT and it’s not to bad