Rest on Ferry

Hope someone can help out tonight. Got on the ferry at 23:15 from Palma to Barcelona. Been told it docks at 7am. I am quite near the front to get off. My problem is I will not have had nine hours solid off. Can I drive off the ferry, and park up then take remainder of my daily rest. I am sure I read somewhere you can do this. I have for info also had over 3 hours rest so can I still use it as a full daily rest.

Cheers guys

Hopefully makes sense

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

As long as you can get off the ferry park up and complete the 9 hour rest period within 24 hours from the start of the shift you’re fine.

Bear in mind that the time it takes to get off the ferry cannot be counted as part of the 9 hours rest.

For instance if it takes 15 minutes to get off the ferry and park up you will need to have 9 hours rest plus the 15 minutes daily rest interruption.

Sent from my mobile.

I’m under the impression if you split your rest on a ferry you need 11 hours rest?

Yes you are right. Just found the regs. You can have one hour interrupted rest but must have eleven off. Worked out ok for me as had over three off before getting on the boat.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Did you put the tacho on ferry mode when you boarded?

Darrenb:
Yes you are right. Just found the regs. You can have one hour interrupted rest but must have eleven off. Worked out ok for me as had over three off before getting on the boat.

I thought you meant you had 3 hours rest earlier in the shift but it now looks like you had over 3 hours rest while waiting for the ferry, if that’s the case and you used the ferry option when boarding the ferry you would have completed the regular daily rest period while on the ferry.

Either way you’re legal but if the 3 hours rest was immediately before boarding the ferry and you used the ferry option to board the ferry you could have continued the journey when disembarked if you wanted.