Advice

Don’t do much euro work but have been asked to price a job for one of our customers, to Poland.

Want to know the best way, what tolls are they and what is needed for the tolls.

Like I said we don’t do much euro work at all so a pretty ignorant to the subject, done a few France jobs but thats it and as far as I can gather theres a lot more to crossing through countries.

Any help is greatly appreciated

you might be better off to sub it out to be honest,

eurogate or morrisons we tend to use

in august i got a full load to POPESTI LERDENI in romania for £2800 and a 2 drop mega trailer to kulmbach(germany) and POPESTI LERDENI for £2480 . dont know where in poland you want to go but there are so many looking to go back that way you’d get a good deal .

PAULSIMO:
Don’t do much euro work but have been asked to price a job for one of our customers, to Poland.

Want to know the best way, what tolls are they and what is needed for the tolls.

Like I said we don’t do much euro work at all so a pretty ignorant to the subject, done a few France jobs but thats it and as far as I can gather theres a lot more to crossing through countries.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I would sub that out to a Polish company as a back load for them.

Crossing Belgium & Germany can get expensive. Holland still has the Vignette system,so relatively ok. But your profit margin will suffer.

Not forgetting Boat or Train.

Tony. Them prices seem a bit on the low side in my opinion (if that’s worth anything of course)…

EDIT…Sorry Tony.Is that the price you subbed it out for??
Just reread your answer & maybe I’d misunderstood it first time around.

Thanks lads, I had a read online about the OBU you need for Belgium and the German roads can be a bit of a pain to pay by sounds of it.

Either sub it out or give it a miss I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAULSIMO:
Thanks lads, I had a read online about the OBU you need for Belgium and the German roads can be a bit of a pain to pay by sounds of it.

Either sub it out or give it a miss I think

Sub it out if you think you can make a couple of hundred quid of it.Be worth the phone call at least.
If not, then best let it go.

Is subbing it out really the best way? I mean the customer asked you to do it, so when the s**t hits the fan in regards to delays or damaged goods or whatever, the customer will know that you only took the quick buck without a second thought to the relationship you two have.

Poland is a piece of cake.

milodon:
Is subbing it out really the best way? I mean the customer asked you to do it, so when the s**t hits the fan in regards to delays or damaged goods or whatever, the customer will know that you only took the quick buck without a second thought to the relationship you two have.

Any advice on best way and tolls etc?

PAULSIMO:

milodon:

Any advice on best way and tolls etc?

I use the DKV route planner to get an idea on tolls, the best route will probably depend on where in Poland, I think Miloson makes a fair point about responsibility for the load, but maybe that depends on the load and the reason you’ve been asked, I delivered a Car in a covered truck to Poland last year, it was one car on a transporter, must of been far cheaper way to get it there, but I assume the customer wanted a dedicated service so was willing to pay the price, instead of just sticking it on a transporter with other cars.

To be honest getting a Belgium box isn’t difficult and you can return it after the trip to get the deposit back, Germany can be done without a toll box, either using the toll machines in many service areas or I believe you can now book the route on the Internet, you will also need a box for Poland, I think this can be done at the border, I had a box but had to stop to top it up as it was on a pre pay system, but the woman at the office asked me where I was going and told me cost of a return trip there, so I could put on enough to to cover that.

Good points added by our friends Milodon & Muckles.

Paulsimo. Is the client a long standing client with you ■■ Or just someone who wants a quote??

As our friends above have said, it does make a difference.

They’re the rates i paid. Express logic in poland are good , they used to load out of me a lot for moscow, did have problems with a couple of loads, but we nailed it to one driver who didn’t secure his load, 2 loose backhoes in a mega can be messy.
We send machines world wide, containers,megas, low loaders, get you a container to singapore for about 1400 quid.