Route to lake Garda

Big Ben:
Hi RoadRanger,

It will take you 2 long days to get there. Im retired now and am always over the pond in our campervan. First of you will need a toll sticker for Swiss its about £38 it last a year. You can get them on line from a German Company “TOLL TICKETS” you have to stick it in the top middle of the windscreen so the cameras pick it up you can only stick these on once so get it right first time. The Austrian toll sticker you can get for a few days and its a lot cheaper. If you go the route we took down that way a couplke of years ago We left Calais doubled back up to Belgium - Luxembourg - France overnight at an Aire in Charmes 8 euros with EHU don’t forget your polarity change electric lead and the euro plug lead for Swiss. Then down to Basle haed for Como- Milan - Lake Guarda.
If you want anymore info PM me. the Swiss toll sticker is that price for up to 3.5 tons if you are opver that silly money, and if you pay at the border you will; be paying more than TOLL TICKETS.
Regards Ben

Hi Ben.
We have not gotten round to planning the route yet.
I’m going to sit my better half down one day soon a suggest she reads the many contributions people have been kind enough to post.
I suppose our van will cost I bit more due to the gvw being over 3.5 t.
We do get away with it on French motorways though.
I want it to be an adventure, well,so far every trip over the water is to some degree.
As long as we don’t end up recreating the coach scene in the Italian job.