Euro Work**Wanted**

In about 3 months I’m going to be on the look out for a small change in career path.
I would like to start on Euro work,not fussed whether its a UK or EU firm as happy to travel for it and will be fine being away for up to 3 months at a time. I did a little bit of curtainside work to Frankfurt and Bologna about 15 years ago from Southampton and I loved every minute. Now due to a change in family circumstances I want to start putting myself first and do what I want for a living. I have been tramping for the past few years and have experience driving Fridges,Curtainsides,Containers,Flats and Oversize loads. Ideally I would like to work in Europe or beyond with fridge trailer but due to a nagging shoulder injury making throwing ratchet straps a challenge but open to other ideas. I’m 48 years old based on the south coast with 16 years experience and a clean class one licence also have ADR with Tanks and Packages as well as my DCPC and digicard.

Thanks for reading,

Good luck with the search.

On the Brexit withdrawal from the EU, Drivers CPC will become invalid.

Drivers with a British CPC will no longer be able to drive in EU.

Thats gonna be next March, or earlier.

Will it last as an exclusion? Meh, not convinced it will. But right now…it´s a fact-

steviespain:
On the Brexit withdrawal from the EU, Drivers CPC will become invalid.

Drivers with a British CPC will no longer be able to drive in EU.

Thats gonna be next March, or earlier.

Will it last as an exclusion? Meh, not convinced it will. But right now…it´s a fact-

Ooohhhhh !
I don’t think there are any FACTS at all, concerning Brexit.
Since Everyone is still arguing about Everything then it’s All up in the air.

If the OP is after a real change, and wants weeks away then maybe getting on a tour would be the way to go? Never done it myself but others on here certainly know more about it.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I dunno mate, I´m looking at this. It may not stand eventually but as of right now… It does, doesnt it?
As of the withdrawal date, certificates of
professional competence issued by the United Kingdom or by an approved
training centre in the United Kingdom will no longer be valid in the EU-27

The thing that I´m more concerned about is this…
Driving licence: According to Article 2 of Directive 2006/126/EC10
, driving
licences issued by Member States of the Union are mutually recognised. As of the withdrawal date, a driving licence issued by the United Kingdom will no longer
be recognised by the Member States on the basis of this legislation.
Seriously, no messing, can you explain that one? Looks to me that UK driving licences will not be valid in the EU from withdrawal date.
Source: ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr … nsport.pdf

steviespain:
I dunno mate, I´m looking at this. It may not stand eventually but as of right now… It does, doesnt it?
As of the withdrawal date, certificates of
professional competence issued by the United Kingdom or by an approved
training centre in the United Kingdom will no longer be valid in the EU-27

The thing that I´m more concerned about is this…
Driving licence: According to Article 2 of Directive 2006/126/EC10
, driving
licences issued by Member States of the Union are mutually recognised. As of the withdrawal date, a driving licence issued by the United Kingdom will no longer
be recognised by the Member States on the basis of this legislation.
Seriously, no messing, can you explain that one? Looks to me that UK driving licences will not be valid in the EU from withdrawal date.
Source: ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr … nsport.pdf

Does withdrawal really happen in March next year, or else what of this (possible) two year transition period?

sounds of rooting around in the darkj
“Ahh”
click, copy

When will Britain leave the EU?
On 29 March 2019, the UK will cease to be a member of the European Union, exactly two years after Theresa May presented a letter to European Council President Donald Tusk, formally announcing Britain’s intention to withdraw from the bloc.

More precisely, Britain will leave the EU at exactly 11pm GMT (midnight Brussels time), and enter a transition period designed to allow both parties to adjust to their new relationship.

As it stands, this transition period will end on 31 December 2020, launching Britain into a post-EU future on new and - thus far - undecided economic and political terms with Brussels.

(theweek.co.uk/brexit/73810/w … xit-happen)

It will happen eventually. There will come a time when ´They´say That´s it, buh-bye, hand in yer passes on the way out and don´t let the door hit you in the ■■■.

steviespain:
sounds of rooting around in the darkj
“Ahh”
click, copy

When will Britain leave the EU?
On 29 March 2019, the UK will cease to be a member of the European Union, exactly two years after Theresa May presented a letter to European Council President Donald Tusk, formally announcing Britain’s intention to withdraw from the bloc.

More precisely, Britain will leave the EU at exactly 11pm GMT (midnight Brussels time), and enter a transition period designed to allow both parties to adjust to their new relationship.

As it stands, this transition period will end on 31 December 2020, launching Britain into a post-EU future on new and - thus far - undecided economic and political terms with Brussels.

(theweek.co.uk/brexit/73810/w … xit-happen)

It will happen eventually. There will come a time when ´They´say That´s it, buh-bye, hand in yer passes on the way out and don´t let the door hit you in the ■■■.

Probably true. Yes.
But we are dealing with the future, and politics, both of which are notoriously difficult to predict.
May be pedantic but we don’t even have a guarantee that the sun will rise tomorrow? We can see who holds the Big Red Buttons today.
(I’m not as pessimistic as this post sounds. Honest)

Yeah, I know that anything can happen in the next half hour. Politics changes, policies change, by the hour. I live in the same house as an ex Labour Councillor trust me, I know.

I am extremely surprised, given the nature of this place, TNUK, that there isn´t more of a kerfuffle about this licence thing.

itl be the millenium bug all over again.
down at our normal joe bloggs level,the itl make no odds or any big deal,though they may make an earner out of it somewhere along the line.
itl mostly depend on how far the euro countries decide they despise england and as to how awkwars they care to make it for them.
as to the o/p post,
if your happy to work away like you say,then it would be worthwhile contacting anyone over here in ireland.
most of the majors pay similar,some of them work perfectly legal,and you would be a sought after commodity in relative terms having experience and being pink.
if your open to using your initiative and getting the job done,then the worlds your lobster over here with your choice of mega plant to park your bum in while you do it.
they will pay in euro,and you will be in euroland to spend it. win win win.

Eire could be a good call as DD suggests. Well worth a look if the OP is after a totally new start without language barriers. Although a “good week’s work” could be translated… freely…

Dunno about DD and the 2k bug?
Maybe because of the dire warnings steps were taken by the knowledgeable geeks, listening to the worries, to stop planes dropping out the sky?
In the Brexit case we have stupid politicos saying “no problem, don’t worry, never happen” taking no sensible actions at all.
Instead of addressing potential problems they’re ALL playing politics, as they always do.

Surely the way to guarantee the continued movement is for the UK to say as of Brexit the EU DCPC is invalid inside the UK and no EU drivers can enter the UK,bit like Leo Varadkar saying he is going to ban all UK flights from Irish airspace, without realising that a reciprocal decision from the UK would ground over 90% of flights out of Ireland. If we had proper politicians on both sides of the discussion who have done a days real work in their lives and are not just headline grabbing career politicians then decisions would have been reached by now instead of just a big willy waving competition.

Talk about highjacking a thread.

The OP asked about Euro work.

Let’s keep this Brexit/ DCPC to the threads that have already been started.

Geoffo:

Mea culpa.
But goes to show the wide ranging consequences…

Edit, beforehand we could have talked easily about jobs in Eire etc, now it’s full of caveats and possible pitfalls.

Franglais:

Geoffo:

Mea culpa.
But goes to show the wide ranging consequences…

Edit, beforehand we could have talked easily about jobs in Eire etc, now it’s full of caveats and possible pitfalls.

Very true.

A few Belgian companies around Zeebrugge employ British drivers shouldn’t be hard to get in their if you’ve a bit of experience

Excuse me? flub007 was asking about Euro work, expressing his wish to get back into Europe driving again.
If his CPC isn´t valid he´s kind of ■■■■■■, isn´t he?
And now he´s aware of it.
You´re welcome :slight_smile:

The following are looking for drivers at the mo.

Richard Long, Norwich
Gordon Gilder, Cheltenham
Grocontinental, Shropshire
MAM, Northampton
Charles Russell, Gloucester
Shakespeares in Aylesford

Dunno what they are like, although I’ve heard they do a lot of Italy.

“We are currently recruiting HGV Class 1 drivers for both Domestic and International roles. If you are looking for a varied and interesting career then please apply here.”

alcaline.uk.com/vacancies.html

Are you still looking for a start ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk