Post Brexit…

Current EU standing on RT post Brexit…

ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr … nsport.pdf

We’re doomed Mr Mannering Aye all doomed

Scotchbaz:
Current EU standing on RT post Brexit…

ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr … nsport.pdf

If I understand that correctly, which I probably don’t.
After Brexit, EU laws will no longer apply to the UK.
Therefore the Driver CPC, as an EU document, will no longer be a requirement of the UK. The UK Government will almost certainly continue to require and issue the DCPC card on completion of the DCPC requirements. But it will only be valid within the UK
For a British driver, working for a British company, within Britain, this will not present any problems.
For a British driver, working for a British company, working into Europe, I doubt there will be any problems as we will not be subject to EU rules, the same as Swiss, Russian and Turkish drivers.
For a British driver, working for an EU company, the British DCPC card will be invalid. The driver will have to acquire a DCPC card in accordance with the rules of the country in which he or she is employed.

I´ve been looking at this doc today for a while.
That sounds as succinct a summing up as you could get. Nice one.

It´s the final nail in the coffin for my return to Spain. ■■■■ em all.

WIll a British driver, working for a EU company, in Britain, need the EU CPC and a UK CPC?

I´m doing me own head in here.

Driving licence: According to Article 2 of Directive 2006/126/EC10
, driving licences issued by Member States of the Union are mutually recognised.

As of the withdrawal date, a driving licence issued by the United Kingdom will no longer
be recognised by the Member States on the basis of this legislation.

Simon:
If I understand that correctly, which I probably don’t.
After Brexit, EU laws will no longer apply to the UK.

From my shaky understanding EU laws have been passed into UK law “Automatically”. There is a term for this which I dont remember but someone will of course. But leaving the EU will not make all laws thus passed invalid. It would need a separate act to rescind each regulation and law? So all laws about emissions, hours, 90kph limiter, length, etc etc will stay. Ill stand correction on that of course.

Simon:
For a British driver, working for an EU company, the British DCPC card will be invalid. The driver will have to acquire a DCPC card in accordance with the rules of the country in which he or she is employed.

Depending on Nationality of driver and country issuing driving licence and country issuing DCPC, nationality of company, country of reg of vehicle, and whether driver needs International Driving Licence? Don`t Russians need them now? International DCPC anyone??

Tin of worms indeed.

I have an English mate that lives in Belgium. He works for a Belgian company & has a Belgian DCPC. He doesn’t speak a word of Flemish either.
All down to attendance really.

Why not take the DCPC in Spain? ,as I’m sure it comes under similar rules as the Belgian one.

Geoffo:
I have an English mate that lives in Belgium. He works for a Belgian company & has a Belgian DCPC. He doesn’t speak a word of Flemish either.
All down to attendance really.

Why not take the DCPC in Spain? ,as I’m sure it comes under similar rules as the Belgian one.

Me?

I might do that. I could probably follow enough language to get by and, as you say, it´s down to attendance.
But, tbh, it´s become third on the list now.
Snag a job
save some cash for C+E
Think about doing the Spanish CPC (CAP)

EDIT: Hmmm, just a thought…if I did the Spanish DCPC/CAP then that would qualify me for the rest of EU.
Hmmmmm.
EDIT 2: I wonder if anyone has thought of running CPC courses in, say, France, JUST across the Channel at the end of a ferry route, with French values, with French end qualification, but do it in English for us language impaired people.

If enough people were interested, I’m sure they’d give the training in the language of the majority.

Geoffo:
If enough people were interested, I’m sure they’d give the training in the language of the majority.

Have you met the French? Or the Spanish for that matter :smiley: Not dissing the people, the culture, the language, or the bureaucracy (Did I leave anything out?) But if you do a course in Spain, it´s in Spanish, even if it´s FULL of English speakers. And why not, it´s in Spain, innit.

It´s have to be done by bi-lingual natives of the host country, I reckon.

If I had a coupla hunderd k to spare I´d have a go at setting that up, before someone else does it. I claim this as my idea :smiley: Anyone want to buy this intellectual property?

The FIMO and FCOs in France are done in French , this is the version of the dcpc (initial) and renewal .
If you go for a job here an employer will demand it. The whole culture of training is different here. Firms get tax allowances and such and I suppose to a point it keeps the non French speakers out .
Young people coming into the industry do a 2 year training period with a recognised qualification at the end of the course .
Giraud were talking about doing the Fimo in English and then they went bust/ got bought out .

OwenMoney:
The FIMO and FCOs in France are done in French , this is the version of the dcpc (initial) and renewal .
If you go for a job here an employer will demand it. The whole culture of training is different here. Firms get tax allowances and such and I suppose to a point it keeps the non French speakers out .
Young people coming into the industry do a 2 year training period with a recognised qualification at the end of the course .
Giraud were talking about doing the Fimo in English and then they went bust/ got bought out .

Transport Giraud who bought Barbours? They’d have needed to do a course in broad Glaswegian to get those lads through it! Great bunch.
I know it’s a different company, but has a similar name, does that West of France co on new furniture still have yellow, RHD, French reg trucks doing UK?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Yes that would be Guisnel. Dol de Bretagne

Thanks Owen, but I think you´re missing the point slightly. I appreciate the information you gave but that´s not what I´m trying to say here.
BTW…“Young people coming into the industry do a 2 year training period with a recognised qualification at the end of the course”
What´s the qualification? Just being nosy :slight_smile:

No, here´s my plan…
Hire an Office Manager, a Secretary, and a Trainer or two.
All French, all bi/tri/quadr oh whatever lingual.
All have appropriate qualifications to train, and deliver, assess, and qualify, in English, the French equivalent of a UK DCPC
This will then qualify drivers who don´t hablar una idioma segunda to drive anywhere in the EU.

Does that make sense?

Franglais, c´mon, get yer brain to work on this :smiley:

The qualification is called CAP - Certificate aptitude professional -
You might find a company or a training provider in France who will do the course in English but i doubt it.

OwenMoney:
The qualification is called CAP - Certificate aptitude professional -
You might find a company or a training provider in France who will do the course in English but i doubt it.

Yes mate, I know, that´s what I´m saying.
Set up a company in UK that will deliver CAP, IN ENGLISH, for UK drivers.
Doesn´t even have to be in France, really. As long as the course material is the French version of DCPC (CAP); then a qual is a qual, nést pas?

Ergo, drivers who only speak English now have the qualification (CAP) to go and drive anywhere in the EU.

It takes 2 years to get a CAP qualification . Otherwise its a month for the initial Fimo and a week of 35 hours for the FCOs

Thanks Owen.
Ok, so, …
If UK driver already hav…

No, you know what? I really can´t be assed. Mebbe tomorrow :slight_smile:

In the DCPC courses I’ve been to the trainer always says that JAUT(?) could come in to checkup, so no going home early. If a French course were to be held in the UK who would be the authority to oversee it?
I do like your inventive thinking though Steve. :slight_smile:

And I wonder what Geoff says about Flems and French speaking parts of Belgium?
For that matter, are there many/any Gaelic/Cymru courses in the UK??

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk