Euro Tolls

I’m an owner driver looking into doing some european work, can anyone tell me the easiest way to pay all the truck tolls for different countries, i understand there is one electronic box available, can anyone tell me where i can get one in the UK.

chrisb812:
I’m an owner driver looking into doing some european work, can anyone tell me the easiest way to pay all the truck tolls for different countries, i understand there is one electronic box available, can anyone tell me where i can get one in the UK.

One box for everywhere?
Not quite so easy, I think. If you can avoid Germany, or put up with the pain of their booking system then its easier. German pre-pay MAUT is OK if just transiting or single drop / pick-up, but can be painful if doing multi drop or collection. Available as an app but still not as simple as a box. German box needs fitting at "approved partners", and I dont think there are any currently in the UK, but I`m sure someone will correct me if wrong??
AS24, DKV, and other fuel card suppliers will have deals available for most other countries.

Various people do toll boxes, such as DKV, Probably AS24, Harbour Shipping if you want a UK agent and probably many other.

Many countries you don’t need a toll box, it’s just that having one makes the job easier, you can get one tag that covers France, Spain and Portugal.
Others like Belgium and Austria you must have a box, which you can get either order in advance or get one on the road, near or at the border.
Germany has Toll Collect, which you can have a box, but it costs to have it fitted, but you can book your route at toll point on various services or I think you can now do it online.
You also need a daily vignette for The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark and Sweden, which can be done online.

I’ve recently had an email from Harbour Shipping about a box that will be available soon

From Monday 9th July 2018 Harbour Shipping will be introducing their new toll recording system called the “Tribox” which will replace the current “Bi-Modal Tag” and “Belgian HGV Transit Toll OBU” systems for vehicles that exceed 3.50 Tonnes or exceed 3.00 Metres in height.

The “Tribox” will cover France, Spain, Portugal, the Belgian HGV transit tolls and the Liefkenshoek Tunnel in Belgium. Austria is expected to be incorporated into the new system shortly and Germany will be added in 2019.

Contact
Alan Boxall
T : +44 (0) 1304 200 911
E : aboxall@harbourshipping.co.uk

Samantha Barrie
T : +44 (0) 1304 200 913
E : sbarrie@harbourshipping.co.uk

PS Sorry Franglais, just repeated much of what you said. :blush: :wink:

muckles:
PS Sorry Franglais, just repeated much of what you said.

No need for apologies, mate. :smiley:
At least we seem to agree on our advice.

Contact AS24 we’ve recently started using ‘Telepass’ box. It’s good for most of Euroland with Germany coming on line end of Summer this year. Where you need a vignette you’ll still have to buy online which you can do online with AS24 For Germany you can now use an app

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

All the big names are offering a new ish box which covers a lot of countries in one box. Personally the biggest two/best for european coverage are DKV/UTA. Theres also AS24. Obviously they do fuel cards aswel.

If you start heading east most boxes can be obtained at the border and used as a pay as you go basis. Again a good fuel card helps with this.

If your smart some european tolls can be done online.