Germany - attestation forms

I don’t believe it!

I expect most of you on this board are familiar with the attestation docs, for those that aren’t, you type out the dates that you weren’t on tacho and then underneath put a cross in the relevant boxes
14 - on sick leave
15 - annual leave
etc etc

so the dates on our attestation were all typed in, the Xs in the box were done by hand. From the German version of the RHA:

My colleague Mr … confirms that in principle, the attestation of activities may still be used as a proof for days when the driver was not driving a vehicle subject to mandatory documentation . However, use of the attestation is possible only in cases where the digital amendment is impossible or “quite awkward”. In case a paper attestation is used, it must be typewritten without any manual addendums in order to be acceptable. The attestations you presented do not fulfil these requirements in items 15, 16 and 19. Mr … assumes that this is the reason why they were rejected – especially as the need for entry in typescript is even mentioned in the document itself

So I’m looking at fines of well over 1000 euros because a box had an x handwritten in it rather than typed…

Just letting you know there are some pernickety German coppers north of Nuremburg. :imp: