Max Length Trailers

Hi,

Is there anything to consider when travelling around Europe with a artic trailer combo longer then 16.5m?

Transit countries using: France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Hungary and Italy.

Thanks

Looked at EU.2026.719 ?
You may well be a Convoi Exceptional.
16.5 M is certainly the limit for cross border traffic, but I’ve no idea about what permits are needed or what derogation may apply in your case.
How long? And why so long? Indivisible load or what?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Its a step frame double decker trailer that has been made into a flat, but then we striped the trailer added length to the back of the trailer and put a new bed on it.

Its so I can carry a container on the back and carry a box on the step part of the trailer as we have added twist locks.

I used a stretch step frame last year and authority types only measured it leaving Bilbao port but were not really concerned other then me going in the line up with other abnormal loads.

I wont be able to measure the exact length till the end of this week.

Would it work better on a low ride flatbed?

If not try giving away a few free samples to ease your passage, oh!ah! Madam. :open_mouth: :laughing:

your about 1.2 metres over length mike , i did tell the boss about it but hay ho you know what he’s like you would need to be convoi exceptional , one of ours got stopped last year and was fined 10 euro’s per centimeter and he was only over by 10 cm so big fines if your not careful