Documents/equipment for Euro-newbie driver

I have looked at the sticky post about documents/equipment needed for international journeys, but the last post was last year.

I have just started at a company that does international journeys. Please can someone give me the latest info on what I need document/equipment.

Thanks in advance.

I’d assume the company you work for will sort out what you need in the way of docs, but here goes from memory.

V5 registration document or VE103 if it’s a hired or leased vehicle.
Insurance certificate
Test certificate
Official copy of community authorisation, blue certificate
CMR’s
Border check form for returning to the UK.
Driving licence
DCPC card

Equipment
Hi-viz
Warning triangle, 2 in some places
First aid kit for some countries
Spare bulbs

Toll box, compulsory for Belgium, Austria, Norway, Poland
Euro vignette for The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden.
Toll collect for Germany, might have a toll box, but if not, can book your route at most service area in Germany and at services near the border at most neighbouring countries.

Nice to have a toll box that covers France, Spain and Portugal
Toll box, Via card or credit card or cash for Italian tolls.

Try get away from stopping at the services, although mostly better than the UK, most countries also do thier version of truckstops, such as Routiers in France or Autohofs in Germany, plenty of advice of nice places to stop on here and various apps also available.

Mostly parking is free at services and truckstops, but some might charge, but that it refunded if you buy a meal.

Good start Muckles.
I’ll add in:
letter from owner/operator of vehicle giving you permission to drive it.
Attestation of Detachment for employed drivers. (Renewed 6 monthly).
Don’t companies operating in France need a French “point of contact”?
Toll Collect in Germany is changing at the moment. Fewer booking machines but more roads becoming toll roads, not just autobahns and main roads. An App is now available for mobile phones.

Edit. Some old info out there, and breathalyser not required now.
Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

A little known point, if you need glasses for driving in France you must carry a spare pair.

Jarvy:
A little known point, if you need glasses for driving in France you must carry a spare pair.

A very very good point there Jarvy !
Wonder how many people don’t realise this

pierrot 14:

Jarvy:

Possibly some who won’t be reading this post, because…
[emoji53]

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Jarvy:

Possibly some who won’t be reading this post, because…
[emoji53]

:laughing:

But yes pierrot it is a good point, especially as most of us aren’t in our first flush of youth and some bits aren’t working as good as they were. :laughing:

EHIC card is always useful , just in case of illness .
Keep a record of your documents like licences or passports seperate along with an emergency kitty / credit card . Just incase you get relieved of your possessions .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk