Le Mans.

nomiS36:

muckles:

nomiS36:
I need to get myself a gig on a race team!!! [emoji30] where on earth do they advertise? Or is it word of mouth?

Sorry massive closed shop, all funny handshakes and brown envelopes, :open_mouth: :laughing:

Ok a couple of webistes, race staff.com and motorsportjobs.com.

But you’ve just got that tidy new truck, built to your specification and truck spec isn’t always at the top of your average race team owner.

However if you’re serious you need to go into it with open eyes, some good bits about the job, but plenty of not so good bits, very little glamour, loads of cleaning and moving stuff.

Yeah I know, I’m thinking more for the future, say 3 or 4 years when my youngest (currently 14) is less dependant so being away for weeks at a time isn’t a problem.

The job doesn’t have to mean weeks away, really depends on the race series and team, a British race series could mean one week and weekend away and another in the workshop home every night, (if you can work for a local team), with time off in lieu to make up for working the weekend.
The real problem is the hours can be unpredictable and sometimes testing and PR events can be put on at short notice, due to the whim of drivers, management or sponsors.
And also job security can be an issue, most teams are funded by drivers paying to race and if they go, and the team can’t find somebody to replace them and so does your job.
Even works teams can be dropped by the manufacturer at what seems like a moments notice, I worked for a team, where we were half way through building the new race car and they dropped their racing program, the board decided the money could be spent elsewhere.