Asten truck stop

Andrejs:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Taking rip off to a new limit, by fleecing every last euro out of the drivers that can afford to use the place.
Shower €2-50, even though you are paying a premium in the secure parking.
Beer €5 a glass.
Meals, cheapest on the menu €16-50, going up to €25.
Now if you let them scan your parking ticket when you order a meal then the company (not the driver) gets a 50% discount on the parking which is a Euro an hour.
So the driver by paying exorbitant prices for to be honest quite poor food IMO subsidises the company’s parking charges.

Little wonder the Eastern Europeans are in the lorry park but not in the restaurant, who can blame them.

You can hate EE drivers for this who they not buy from restaurants but it is another reason.Not because need pay money.In most Eastern Europian country people not prefer buy take away,not prefer baguettes,not prefer chicken@chips ,KFC,Mac and definetely not British breakfast.I never see anyone driver who they who him like Standart British breakfast(sorry for this).And may be when you go to some country that you don t like food there.EE driver much more prefer self whole cooking food,pasta,pork meat.

You really are talking ■■■■■■■■ this time, Grumpy Old Trucker isn’t talking about take away meals, like KFC or McDonalds, I would rather cook in the cab than to eat those, but I manage to eat food in truckstops across Europe, including pasta and pork.

And as for the English breakfast, he’s talking about proper restaurant food in the Netherlands, which I seem to remember serve several different national breakfasts.

And in truckstops in many parts of Europe you will get pasta and other dishes which no doubt are to the taste of the average EE driver, but even though they might be parked up there it’s unlikely you’ll see them buying a meal in the restaurant.

I’m also not having a go at EE drivers, they like us are just pawns in the global economic system, its the system that is working against us.