Euro emissions plates

I saw continental lorries recently while driving and saw that along the L plates which I understand, there were green plates with euro emissions ratings either in normal or Roman numerals. I also saw whilst watching videos that on the interior side of the LEZ stickers there were various symbols, one being a 70kmh speed limit printed. Any help as to what they are for?

electricspider:
I saw continental lorries recently while driving and saw that along the L plates which I understand, there were green plates with euro emissions ratings either in normal or Roman numerals. I also saw whilst watching videos that on the interior side of the LEZ stickers there were various symbols, one being a 70kmh speed limit printed. Any help as to what they are for?

Most cities in Germany and other areas in Europe have emisions limits once off the motorways. To go into these cities you must have an emissions sticker, no sticker = big fine even if it’s a euro 6 wagon. Several tunnels also require emissions stickers. I expect that the various authorities issuing these stickers all do it their own way, I think that everyone recognises everyone elses stickers, so you don’t need half a dozen different emissions stickers on your windscreen all saying the same thing.

electricspider:
I also saw whilst watching videos that on the interior side of the LEZ stickers there were various symbols, one being a 70kmh speed limit printed. Any help as to what they are for?

That’ll be the emissions sticker for the Mont Blanc and Frejus tunnels.

The reverse side shows the maximum speed of 70km/h and the minimum distance of 150m between vehicles in the tunnels.

Simon:
I think that everyone recognises everyone elses stickers, so you don’t need half a dozen different emissions stickers on your windscreen all saying the same thing.

On the other hand, looking at that ^^^ pic, I might be wrong :grimacing:

Simon:

Simon:
I think that everyone recognises everyone elses stickers, so you don’t need half a dozen different emissions stickers on your windscreen all saying the same thing.

On the other hand, looking at that ^^^ pic, I might be wrong :grimacing:

Most countries only accept theres.

Normal numbers is for the blanc,

L is for austria, to do with being a quiet truck, a lot of motorways at night and certain routes in the day time can only be driven with a “quiet” truck. Germany have the same but a G instead of a L.

The purple one in the windscreen is also for austria, thats the emission class. Again routes at night time can only be used when having a E6 truck.

Green sticker with the black 4 is germany, all vehicles need one when venturing into citys. Issued by dekra, again to do with emissions.

Concretejim:
The purple one in the windscreen is also for austria, thats the emission class. Again routes at night time can only be used when having a E6 truck.

Green sticker with the black 4 is germany, all vehicles need one when venturing into citys. Issued by dekra, again to do with emissions.

Smaller yellow circle is the French Critair, only required in Paris & Lyon at the moment I think but no doubt will get extended to other cities soon enough.

Green rectangular sticker is for the LEZ’s in Denmark.

Also registered for the LEZ in Antwerp but no sticker, it uses ANPR recognition.

Most of my jobs are city centre venues, hotels, exhibition centres etc hence a windscreen with more stickers than a Panini album :unamused: :grimacing:

Thank you AJF3011 so much for those pictures! I never managed to get a good close up of those stickers before. I sometimes question my sanity as to why I’m so interested in these boring small stickers, you should see my post on the Speed limitation stickers also on this sub-forum :unamused:

I got myself a Critair sticker myself for my car as I am going on holiday in France soon, and websites say that a limitation is in Strasbourg, where I’m staying. I was going to get a German LEZ sticker too, but I found out my car was so polluting I could’nt drive it in German cities (Euro 3) :blush:

Again, thanks so much for these! Also, just a nag, do you have an L/S/VI green plate on the front/back of your truck or trailer? Don’t consider yourself pushed by me but any info would be very helpful :grimacing:

AJF3011:
Smaller yellow circle is the French Critair, only required in Paris & Lyon at the moment I think but no doubt will get extended to other cities soon enough.
:unamused: :grimacing:

As I understand it at the moment Lyon is only an emergency scheme ? ie only applies on the days when pollution is high. The only permanent ones so far are in Paris and Grenoble, with the Grenoble one only being for commercial vehicles (emergency one as Lyon for cars). As is normal it seems a bit messy… ( I realise that if you heading off somewhere it makes no difference if it’s temporary or permanent if it is in place when you get there :exclamation: )

Grenoble is different though in that, unlike Lyon, the ringroad (rocade sud) is included, because it is not an autoroute… A far as I know there is no way around without going on local roads, which are all included in the scheme.

All listed on this site :-

urbanaccessregulations.eu/countr … ncy-scheme

Just to say I don’t regularly drive trucks to these areas but spend a fair bit of time car driving around Grenoble / Lyon / Paris