Trailer or semitrailer to europe

Good evening,
I am struggling to find out how to send an empty
trailer or semitrailer to Europe …I bought it from UK but I am planning to attach it to a non UK truck…The thing is I know that in here we put one of the trucks plates to the trailer, but from border onwards ( rest of EU) the semitrailers require its own set of transit plates…
I am not sure where to purchase the provisorial set of plates.
Best regards and thank you in advance !!

The rest of the EU require plates to be attached to trailers that actually require one in the country of registration. Thus no plate required.

Have you bought a trailer in the UK for export and use in another EU country, or to be loaded by a foreign contractor and returned, or summat else?
As Milodon says, UK trailers have no reg docs (V5) so don’t have their own reg plate, but (all?) other EU countries do. UK owned trailers being pulled by non-UK units generally have the unit’s number duplicated on the trailer exactly as in the UK.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I’ll bite.
Many European registration systems have separate digits for trailers.
Belgium used to be Q or U.
Holland identified the year, type of trailer, lorry, car, motorcycles etc
Spain and Yugoslavia had two plates.

The plan is to send it attached by a friend’s truck registred in Eastern Europe wich will be here in Uk to tow it. I don’t know if I can make here the provisional plates for the trailer only to transit up to Bulgaria.

Bobbyzan:
The plan is to send it attached by a friend’s truck registred in Eastern Europe wich will be here in Uk to tow it. I don’t know if I can make here the provisional plates for the trailer only to transit up to Bulgaria.

You cannot make any export or provisional, registration plates in the UK, because the UK does not issue any registration documents, numbers, or plates, for trailers. UK law only requires motor vehicles to be registered, not trailers.
When a UK trailer leaves the UK it will be perfectly legal without its own plates, but should display the number of the vehicle towing it. If the trailer is owned by a BG person or company, then it should follow the laws of BG shouldnt it? So, any registration laws, documents, and plates should follow BG laws.

Just do what, every other bg-ro does when they buy a fridge at auction,

Pay for it, bang under it, get it loaded, then run it about till they get a tug.

wherever you register the trailer…is where they will give it an m.o.t. and trailer plate…i did this in Bulgaria…if your mate is gonna tow it to BG…then he will need to supply the trailer with a number plate ( his problem )
i didnt have one cos both were on uk plates…and both were transferred in BG.

What about going to a car spares place that does number plates, take the reg doc of the unit and ask them to make up a yellow ( rear) number plate with the unit reg number on it. Then fix it to the back of the trailer and drive to BG !
Simples !!
GS

GS OVERLAND:
What about going to a car spares place that does number plates, take the reg doc of the unit and ask them to make up a yellow ( rear) number plate with the unit reg number on it. Then fix it to the back of the trailer and drive to BG !
Simples !!
GS

^^^^^^^^
they wont do it as they need to see logbook v5 and proof of id ect also they have to put the bs kitemark and their postcode on it,
however,just look for the many plate makers on ebay and all you need is paypal and a valid address,job done in 2 days.

Sorted then… :smiley: