Speeding tolerance in Europe

Franglais:
Clearly Im no expert, but wouldnt the cop look at the gun and the target car, simultaneously, and squeeze the trigger when the car is close to the delimit line? Whatever speed is recorded at that point is what he is interested in? Only guesswork by me…

vortexradar.com/2017/11/police-laser/

That site shows different types of speed guns etc.

Your argument that he may have “clocked you” just outside the limit, rather than just inside, may be a valid one, but with your word or query against his, or their word? Pay up quick at cut rate, or risk contesting it at full price or worse?
Hhmmm, “You’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well do ya, punk?” :smiley:

In answer to your first point, depends on what he is checking for, exceeders of 50 within the limit area, doubtful, as he may well not have sight at 134 metres in a queue of vehicles. Sadly, as I now know, he would have had sight of me because I was much further behind the vehicles in front than I first thought.

If, however, he was checking for vehicles accelerating past 90 in that 134 metres, then I am ok, and one slim hope I have that that is what he was doing was that his gun was pointing directly at me in those last seconds (well into the 90 limit) when I was doing 64.

If I get an amende for exceeding 55 then I will pay within minutes, I know for a fact I am guilty of that. But if I get one for exceeding 90 closer to him I will appeal. Err, except for the fact that that frame convicts me of the 50 infraction. :blush:

On verra. :unamused: