Speeding tolerance in Europe

Franglais:
Fixed speed cameras in France will give you a tolerance of 2kph. Considerably less than the fixed amount plus percentage allowed in the UK. And many of them are grey or black, not like the florescent marked boxes, some don`t see in Britain.
:frowning:

I’m surprised to see you say that, Franglais, because I have always believed it to be 5km/hr.

The reason I say that is because all the fines I have recieved state quite clearly my recorded speed and then a reduction of 5km/hr followed by the speed I am being done for.

On at least one occasion I have been flashed by a camera when doing 94 in a 90 zone (my speed by the satnav which is always about 3kms more than the speedo) and wondered if I would get a notification of 94-5=89 therefore nothing to pay. Instead I heard nothing at all about it.

Fines for exceeding 50 are more than those for 70 or 90.

Towing the caravan I have also often been flashed by those tall thin grey ones with 2 lenses while doing 100 in a 110. I always record the file on the dashcam for evidence just in case, but it seems to be sorted at source by my reg. no not being a lorry’s.

I have not had a fine for around 240,000 kms, so am learning. An alert eye and judicious and frequent use of cruise control is the answer. :laughing: