Spain its been a while

Heading out to Spain next week , Portsmouth - Bilbao , probably and then off to Murcia on a one off job in a 18 tonner.
Been a few years since I have been out that way , so just need a refresh on the do’s and don’t s of Spain ,
One thing that I do remember is the police out there don’t agree to you having an earpiece in for the phone ,is that still the case there?
overnight parking I don’t remember having any issues etc , but things may have all changed now, so all updates appreciated,
thanks
Ned

Don’t think the earpiece thing has changed. Lots of decent parking, like anywhere else use experience and luck to suss out if it looks safe, but did quite a few runs through Spain last year and a couple this year without problems.
Maybe avoid parking near Bilbao on the way home, our freinds from Calais have been looking for new pastures, do your vehicle security checks and document it.

Thanks Muckles for your advice much appreciated,
So far no hassles
Few errors I did make which may help other drivers coming out
I went messing around with the tacho showing ferry, I didn’t need any of this as all I needed to do was put on rest when I parked on the ferry as it was a 24 hour plus sailing so the tacho would have shown 24 hour rest
The other mistake I made was after exiting the ferry driving through spain then pulling up for a nine hour rest I didn’t enter the finish country and likewise in the morning didn’t enter the start country so the tacho was still showing uk
will this cause me problems ,
on the second day I remembered and entered the finish as the region I was in spain.
now I have been parked up on rest for four days and have taken out my tacho ,so when I go to drive again do I show it as rest on the digi tacho or do I have to mark up paper charts , the truck hasn’t moved
hopefully all that makes sense

Why did you take out the card? When you put it back in, it will ask if the time since ejection will be recorded as rest. Answer yes and you’ll be set.

As for not entering the correct start/end region, that has the potential of being costly, yes. The purpose of the ferry mode is not only to provide the option of split rests, but also to show where you were at the time, akin to the start/end location.

I took out the card as not sure how long the truck was to be left for I was leaving the keys so someone else may move it a few feet for access etc.
If you are not using the ferry for a split rest should you bother with the ferry mode ?
Also since the truck has not moved in 2 weeks and I have not used my card but been on rest with one day of other work done , do I have to record that day by day on the tacho when I put back in my card , need letters of attestation or use paper charts to detail it ,

If not doing a split rest, there is no need to use the ferry movement mode.
I dont think letters of attestation are required any more? BUT, if you can get one a nice one printed up on company paper, signed, and with a pretty stamp on it, itll stop any arguments!

Franglais:
If not doing a split rest, there is no need to use the ferry movement mode.
**I dont think letters of attestation are required any more?** BUT, if you can get one a nice one printed up on company paper, signed, and with a pretty stamp on it, itll stop any arguments!

Correct . No longer required

Thanks guys I didn’t know that the attestation are not needed any more , so to show my rest and day of other work will I just input it all into the digi tacho or should I do charts , or just show complete rest on the digi card would be the simplest I would imagine

nedflanders:
Thanks guys I didn’t know that the attestation are not needed any more , so to show my rest and day of other work will I just input it all into the digi tacho or should I do charts , or just show complete rest on the digi card would be the simplest I would imagine

If you show a complete rest on the card, I guess thats positive proof you arent doing anything? The vehicle memory will show that the vehicle hasnt been moved,whether or not there is a driver card in. If you are staying with the vehicle than maybe keep card in? But if anyone else has keys, then definitely take card out. Id be happier with my card in my wallet personally.