In cab eating

Hi all

I work for a French company, Boss has told me it is now illegal to cook or eat in the cab, even though it is my home when on nights out,

I have asked a mate who also drives for a French co, and he says there is no such law, Has anybody else come across this

Steve

SteveWalsh:
Hi all

I work for a French company, Boss has told me it is now illegal to cook or eat in the cab, even though it is my home when on nights out,

I have asked a mate who also drives for a French co, and he says there is no such law, Has anybody else come across this

Steve

I always said the French were sensible and if there isn’t a law, it’s time they brought one in, there are too many resto Routiers closing down through drivers parked in lay-bys with a noodle snot.

The French drivers get a subsidiary meal allowance and if they are claiming it and eating pack up maybe le taxe monsuir interior is ■■■■■■ off.

Maybe it something to do with the gas in a confined space (the cab) as opposed to actually being illegal to eat?
H&S n all that tripe…

SteveWalsh:
Hi all

Steve

Not heard anything about that and our firm is normally the first to jump on any new H&S regulations. If I see one of our other driver trainers I’ll ask them.

Craig

www2.editions-tissot.fr/actuali … bligations
Code De Travail, since Jan 2017 there have regs concerning eating in the workplace. Maybe this is what your boss is thinking of?
But if there are less than 25 there (how big is your cab?!) then all that is needed is a hygenic and safe place (how dirty and dangerous is your cab interior?!). Cant see anything more recent, or relevant, but that doesnt mean it isnt there. Maybe this is relevant: " mais pas nécessairement une pièce séparée." So since it doesnt need to be in a separate room, maybe moving into the passenger set is good enough?
I`ve not heard of anyone else talking about any rules like this either.

He did say eating in the workplace,

The issue with not eating in routiers is

I am usually carrying oversize loads and run at early and late hours, Last week I think I had 3 starts around 1 - 2am, which means I am in bed before they start serving food in the evening, And whats the chance of getting a breakfast at 1am
Cant always get on a routier parking with oversize loads, and when I pack for the week away I have to pack food and plan for the worst, I take a fridge full of healthy home cooked food and fruit etc, and I am not prepared to waste it on the odd chance I might be parked at a routier.

Thanks for your replys

Steve

SteveWalsh:
He did say eating in the workplace,

The issue with not eating in routiers is

I am usually carrying oversize loads and run at early and late hours, Last week I think I had 3 starts around 1 - 2am, which means I am in bed before they start serving food in the evening, And whats the chance of getting a breakfast at 1am
Cant always get on a routier parking with oversize loads, and when I pack for the week away I have to pack food and plan for the worst, I take a fridge full of healthy home cooked food and fruit etc, and I am not prepared to waste it on the odd chance I might be parked at a routier.

Thanks for your replys

Steve

Well since its his responsibility to provide you with a suitable place to eat, if he thinks the cab isnt suitable, then he can provide the taxi to take you to your hotel or restaurant that`s open at 01hr00? :smiley:

I’m trying to suss this out for you Steve. Just one question though, can you not stop and eat during the day ? Your spot on about not all routiers have room for Convoi Exceptionel, what are you transporting ?

Posted on the 1 st of April …

pierrot 14:
I’m trying to suss this out for you Steve. Just one question though, can you not stop and eat during the day ? Your spot on about not all routiers have room for Convoi Exceptionel, what are you transporting ?

Hi Pierrot

Not usually time to stop, Not that I really want to eat in a restaurant, Usually Max hours with a 45 in a layby, or convoi parking .
I transport mobile homes

I think Franglais has got it about right with the link above

Hi Steve, just been informed by one of the mods on the French equivalent of this site, that he cannot stop you from cooking/eating in the cab. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks very much

Steve

Steve, getting some good reaction on my post on FDR and I hope this helps

One person has said that the boss of Sotrami (08) has told drivers that they MUST eat in the restos, he does not want the trucks, that are on lease hire, to deteriorate inside (smells grease etc) before they have to be handed back at the end of the contract, the cost will be passed down to the driver.

So is your truck owned or leased?

Another has also mentioned the “eating in the workplace” legislation, but I would say that has to do with work “premises” not trucks.

and then you get the big hard I-am attitude comment ( a bit like the keyboard warriors on here ) , I will translate of course :laughing: :laughing:

Si la liberté de bouffer où je veut et quand je veut m’est enlever je lui gare son camion là où il est et je me casse.

If my freedom of eating where I want and when I want is taken away from me, then I’m parking up the truck there and then and I’m OFF

Hi

Truck is owned, by my boss. I keep it very clean inside and regularly clean and disinfect all interior surfaces, My cooking is only reheating cooked meals or preparing cereal, or fresh fruit etc.
And of course fresh coffee

Thanks for all your help.

Steve

One comment that has been made is, get your boss to show you the written legislation where it says that you are no longer allowed to cook in the cab.

I told him I want to see the legislation, when he told me of it, Not seen it yet

But will be wanting see it if he insists it is law,
Thanks for all your help, I wont be back on here much during week, I dont usually get much internet while away, and I leave home early am/

Have a good week

Steve

Bonne Route, à la prochaine