Right hooker to left hooker

Exactly as Weelnut says, and reversing is no problem, just, as I hope you always do, don’t try to be a hero and reverse on your (new) blindside, just because you can.

Getting used to the nearside kerb (or right hand side in EU) is the biggest problem. For ages it seemed I kept hitting the great big concrete cabin protectors at peages and my wife, who used to travel with me in those days, got really fed up with being shot out of her seat.

This is funny, but wandering onto the hard shoulder where there may be stationary vehicles, is not.

In a new to me vehicle, wherever I sit in it, my first job is always to note where the limits are on the left and the right by some point on the dash or wiper boss, for example, which lines up with those limits. When I learned to drive a car, 55 years ago when there were few with wing mirrors, I was expected to reverse round a corner keeping equal distance from the kerb by looking over my shoulder with both hands still on the wheel. Not easy, but the instructor forced a matchstick into the rear window surround lined up with the kerb to help. Not suggesting you do that, but the same principle applies.

If you are operating in UK, especially if you are in a foreign vehicle, you will get treated with more consideration. At least that is what I found. A Sainsbury rdc for instance with a one way system allowed me to do a Uie in order to easier back onto a dock.

Oh, and yes, the spare gloves inside the right hand door. Even now, after 19 years on this side of the Channel, I still wander round to the right hand side occasionally, and then surreptitiously glance round to see if anyone is watching. :laughing: :laughing: