UK driving licences-not valid in the EU after Brexit

thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars … rexit.html

UK driving licences ‘will not be valid in the EU after Brexit’: Britons might be forced to buy a £5.50 permit to drive on the continent
The European Commission said Brexit would bring an end to mutual recognition of driving licences between Britain and the EU
Without any new deal, Britons could be banned from driving on the continent
The DfT said it was confident an agreement would be reached in the interest of both sides
If all else fails, drivers will need to buy International Driving Permits for Europe

Is that the same for EU drivers coming to the UK :question:

Gonna be quiet on the ferries if that is the case :exclamation:

ROG:
UK driving licences will not be recognised in the EU after Brexit | This is Money

UK driving licences ‘will not be valid in the EU after Brexit’: Britons might be forced to buy a £5.50 permit to drive on the continent
The European Commission said Brexit would bring an end to mutual recognition of driving licences between Britain and the EU
Without any new deal, Britons could be banned from driving on the continent
The DfT said it was confident an agreement would be reached in the interest of both sides
If all else fails, drivers will need to buy International Driving Permits for Europe

Is that the same for EU drivers coming to the UK :question:

Gonna be quiet on the ferries if that is the case :exclamation:

£5.50 ! Thats almost a days pay!
That little bit of paper could be the least of the problems if it`s a “crash out” type exit.

They were valid before the EU, so were pilots licences

Just confirms what I posted a couple of weeks ago

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153371

Who cares?

Reciprocate. Job done

SuperMultiBlue:
Who cares?

Reciprocate. Job done

Five and a half quid is nowt really isnt it. But its a symptom. If we get a messy exit there will be tariffs and hidden costs like this one. Any cost increase in transport will make all goods more expensive. And Ill be paying for that, and so will you, and every one else. Costs always get paid for in the end,and eventually its us ordinary people who foot the bill.
Well, I don`t want to pay extra for anything, so, I care.

Franglais:

SuperMultiBlue:
Who cares?

Reciprocate. Job done

Five and a half quid is nowt really isnt it. But its a symptom. If we get a messy exit there will be tariffs and hidden costs like this one. Any cost increase in transport will make all goods more expensive. And Ill be paying for that, and so will you, and every one else. Costs always get paid for in the end,and eventually its us ordinary people who foot the bill.

Still don’t care.

SuperMultiBlue:

Franglais:

SuperMultiBlue:
Who cares?

Reciprocate. Job done

Still don’t care.

Still goes both ways.
Higher toll charges.
I remember one company getting arsy with an overseas exporter who made everything come in via some place in Scotland and all the paperwork had to be done in Gaelic or something

nick2008:

SuperMultiBlue:

Franglais:

SuperMultiBlue:
Who cares?

Reciprocate. Job done

Still don’t care.

Still goes both ways.
Higher toll charges.
I remember one company getting arsy with an overseas exporter who made everything come in via some place in Scotland and all the paperwork had to be done in Gaelic or something

Sounds like an Arthur Daley job. Japanese whiskey with a Scots certificate of origin?

If we crash put without agreements, driving licences are going to be the least of the problems considering the many agreements there are to sort out.
Also considering the the present driving licence groups match the rest of the EU, I would have thought it would also be something very simple to sort out, if practicalities are allowed to get ahead of politics.

There does seem a lot of very biased reporting over this by both sides, sad though it is, :blush: I read all of Donald Tusk recent speech on Brexit and trade deals and it was far more positive than you’d believe if you watched the BBC coverage of it, they really cherry picked the bits they wanted from it.

muckles:
If we crash put without agreements, driving licences are going to be the least of the problems considering the many agreements there are to sort out.
Also considering the the present driving licence groups match the rest of the EU, I would have thought it would also be something very simple to sort out, if practicalities are allowed to get ahead of politics.

There does seem a lot of very biased reporting over this by both sides, sad though it is, :blush: I read all of Donald Tusk recent speech on Brexit and trade deals and it was far more positive than you’d believe if you watched the BBC coverage of it, they really cherry picked the bits they wanted from it.

I hope Im wrong, but it looks more like a "crash out" all the time to me. Maybe it is a bargaining tactic to "talk up" some problems, but some seem intractable. Weve got “Nothing is agreed, until everything is agreed”. And no agreement on the NI border. If that circle cant be squared then its not looking too good. Plus threats from Trump of a trade war doesnt make for a nice benign world economy for a "new start" with lots of "opportunities". On the other hand, theres no snow on the ground to-day, the sun is shining in a blue sky. and the birds are singing!

muckles:

The BBC cherry [emoji523] picking? Sir you are a bounder and a scoundrel, how very dare you suggest such a thing? [emoji846]

muckles:

Even a two year transition period will be short, considering they alraedy lost a year and the governement still do no know wich way to go…

Franglais:
… and the birds are singing!

Bloody hell Franglais, I can hear them from here :open_mouth: :laughing: